Medication Residential Counselor, North Hills, CA
Medication Residential Counselor- North Hills, CA
Penny Lane is looking for individuals who want to be a part of something more; individuals who are committed to social justice, community development, diversity and better mental health.
Penny Lane’s mission - "To foster hopes and dreams by empowering children, youth and families to reach their highest potential" – is the core of the organization. It guides us along with our values of commitment, community, and collaboration in working to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
We believe that a group of passionate and dedicated individuals can truly make the world a better place.
Summary: Focus on the clients by providing them with necessary living skills to live independently. Models independence by providing supervision, protection and care of children individually and in groups at all times. Assist each child in working with a group and in handling individual problems. Administration of behavior support and intervention and setting of limits per Penny Lane policy and procedure. Notation of the child's progress; identification of the possible need for professional services; and communication of such findings to professional staff. Knowledge of agency policy, procedure and treatment program and the implementation of such programs. Responsible for following Residential Program medication management policy and procedures at the Main Facility and reviewing and monitoring medication management at the Satellite homes. Medication management is an important component of care, treatment or services at Penny lane. Penny Lane has developed an effective and safe medication management system that includes, Planning; Storage; Ordering; Preparing and dispensing; Administration; Monitoring; and Evaluation. Responsible for overseeing the general well-being of the children and following up with all medical concerns. Responsible for transporting clients to and from medical and dental appointments as needed.
Position Location: North Hills, CA
Salary Range: $19.00 up to $24.72 per hour
Shift: Wednesday 10:00am-11:00pm, Thursday & Friday 2:00pm-11:00pm and Saturday 10:00am-11:00pm
- Current LVN License required.
- Education and experience in the field of nursing.
- Knowledgeable about general health and wellness.
- Familiar with psychotropic medication, safe medical practices, medication policies and procedures, medication documentation standards and requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Valid California driver's license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization's insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours
APPLY NOW: https://pennylanecenters.jobs.net/
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Employee and Matching Contributions)
- Employee Advocacy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (Accident and Critical Illness Coverage)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunity.
Penny Lane is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (Protected class) including, but not limited to race; religious creed; color; national; origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medical condition, including genetic characteristics; genetic information; marital status; sex; pregnancy’ child birth or related medical conditions; actual or perceived gender; gender identity or expression or sexual orientation. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training and general treatment during employment.