Dental Director, Chicago, IL
The Dental Director is responsible for creating and organizing our new dental program, while providing dental care services in collaboration with other PrimeCare Community Health staff to patients of all age groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides and manages direct dental diagnosis, treatment, procedures, and care for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
- Refers patient to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Manages the daily operations of patient care, as appropriate to the objective of the dental clinic.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as required.
- Follows established department policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health/dental promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients and risk protocols.
- Manages the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA, HIPAA Standards.
Required Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of community-based Dental practices.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for delivery of dental care.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosage and instruct patients in correct usage.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
- Licensed as a dentist in the state of Illinois.
- Board certified dentist, or obtain board certification within 1 year of employment.
- CPR, Infection Control, and other training certificates as required.
- 2+ years of clinical work experience in a community health center setting preferred.
Benefits include PTO, CME, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage, Life/AD&D, 403(b), paid holiday
Send cover letter and salary requirements to Javier Alaniz at Javier.Alaniz@primecarechi.org