Dental Hygienist, Chicago, IL
Position Title: DENTAL HYGIENIST
Report To: Dentist Director
Position Summary: Assists Dentists in a variety of procedures, while ensuring appropriate & reasonable patient care.
Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
- Assesses dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and perio charting; takes patient vital signs as required.
- Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, and related procedures.
- Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
- Performs patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients.
- Assists in preparation of patient care areas, and in the patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required; prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage, and other office duties.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a directly related clinical field with no previous experience required.
Required Licensure and/or Certification: Current IL Dental Hygienist license.
Minimum Experience: Knowledge of Federal, State, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services. Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontics, and associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients. Knowledge of patient screening, charting, and medical history procedures and documentation. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures. Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans. Knowledge and understanding of dental surgery and associated procedures, terminology, and techniques. Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines.
Other Requirements: Saturday hours, evening hours and/or may be required to work at a different site. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Please submit resume and cover letter including desired salary to: