Manager, Budget & Decision Support, Fairfield, CA
Manager, Budget & Decision Support
Full Time, FTE: 1
Green Valley, CA
Manages the development of the annual operating and capital budgets, departmental financial and statistical reporting, and operational benchmarking. Performs or assigns comprehensive program financial reviews including special cost, trend, impact or other analyses to improve financial performance. Responsible for evaluation, recommendation and implementation of policies and procedures within areas of control. Management responsibilities include: planning, directing operations, fiscal accountability, staffing and personnel management, staff development, and support functions to leadership. Facilitates effective communications and provides financial leadership consistent with System goals and values.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- MBA, MHA desirable.
- Five years progressively responsible analytical finance experience; three years in a financial management position in a complex healthcare environment preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare accounting and reimbursement principles preferred.
- Experience using computer networks, mainframes and microcomputers, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), general ledger applications, budgeting and projection software, capital budgeting and tracking software, cost accounting applications and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial guidelines governing the operation of healthcare providers (OSHPD, Medicare Reimbursement, etc.).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing at all levels from staff to Senior Management.
- Ability to negotiate complex issues with internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to motivate staff to achieve results while promoting continuous financial quality improvement.
- Exhibits the NorthBay Way. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors to be demonstrated and role modeled by all NorthBay Healthcare employees. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration and Competence.
- Versatile in complex spreadsheet and database applications.
- Understands demand analysis, financial simulations and risk theory and discounted cash flow techniques.
- Analyze and interpret financial data, drawing conclusions, recommending action and presenting to System Management. The incumbent works with a team of highly specialized, well-trained analysts in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Core values of this team include accuracy, responsibility and creativity in order to optimize our ability to support and influence System managers.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and share accountability for team outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective time management, ability to balance workload and complete projects within agreed upon deadlines.
- Effectively communicates and cooperates in a professional manner with staff and management.
- Ability and desire to work on complex analyses.
- Proactive participation in planning to improve accountability, effectiveness, and working relationships.
- Committed to continuing professional education.
- Requires a high comfort level with taking initiative and responsibility, high energy and productivity, and the ability to manage details in an organized work style.
- Must be able to handle changing priorities and delegate workload. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Organization values include dedication to high quality patient care, professionalism, foresight, and mutual respect to support our mission of “compassionate care, advanced medicine, close to home.”