Executive Director Women, Infants & Pediatric Services, Phoenix, AZ
Banner Health is conducting a national search for Executive Director, Women, Infants & Pediatric Services, to join our team. This role is part of Banner’s Strategy & Growth Leadership Team. In this highly visible role you will be in a position to craft the growth strategy for a key service line across the Banner enterprise.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven strategic leader to contribute in the successful growth and evolution of one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Position is responsible for executing a strategy and vision for Banner Healths designated Service Line operations across the delivery system, and provides leadership and subject matter expertise to the Service Line leadership and business operations. Responsible for the Banner Childrens operational footprint across the company. Leader will have an understanding of Banners operating model and will be a highly skilled strategic thinker. Position leads the design, development and implementation of Service Line strategy and delivery/service model. This includes but is not limited to creation of a strategic operating plan and implementation of the work activities to meet the goals and objectives of the plan. The position assumes the responsibility for all aspects of business conducted within the Pediatric Service Line; thoroughly understands and monitors financial performance; oversees the operational and quality components; manages the implementation of programs; and evaluates program effectiveness. He/she will also ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and enforce all procedures, policies, and standards to ensure consistent application and effective operations.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive Service Line strategic plan intended to support Banners operating model by establishing processes and methodologies dedicated to Service Line operational effectiveness, supply-chain management, clinical effectiveness, personnel management, physician collaboration and support, logistics and fiscal management. Participates with the Regional Presidents, Vice Presidents., and facility leadership in the development and implementation of strategic planning relative to the Service Line.
- Develops strategies and plans for the High Value Network. Ensures that there is a streamlined distribution system in place whereby all patients achieve effective, efficient and high quality care in the most cost effective manner. Ensures ease of access, clinical effectiveness and standardization in the pediatric practice across the care continuum.
- Leads the organizations efforts in establishing evidence-based practices specific to designated Service Line through effective resource management and ensuring maximum patient benefit through efficient and effective Service Line standards and practices in collaboration with Banners appropriate CCG.
- Maintains a service excellence and healing culture with high expectations established for positive patient experiences. Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput and patient safety. Supports a patient-centered, healing environment.
- Participates in community and industry activities in an effort to enhance community recognition of the organization and the campus, ensure proper regulatory and accreditation standards, and to obtain cooperation and support of the community on issues that impact the Service Line. Positively represents the organization and the facility in the community and/or with various national, regional, and/or local entities, garnering desired support in order to enhance program development.
- Promotes and maintains a high level of collaboration within a highly matrix team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional and system levels to enhance overall patient experience.
- Builds, hires, trains and leads a highly effective Service Line management team. Provides support related to organization strategy, design and consultation. Fosters a smoothly functioning, efficient organization through anticipating problems and the timely and effective resolution of disruptions. Builds a highly effective, integrated Service Line platform including development, implementation, oversight and maintenance of the Service Line functions to include: assigned centralized operations and High Value Network management.
- Promotes financial stewardship and clinical excellence for the Service Line in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Allocates financial, information and human capital for improvement activities, ensuring the efficient delivery of cost effective services to patients, providers and hospital departments. Establishes performance measures, assesses and evaluates operations and works with facility management to assure efficient and effective delivery of services.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.