Director of Design & Construction, Kirkland, WA
Job Title Director of Design & Construction
Department Construction Management
Date posted 11/29/2018
EvergreenHealth is looking for a Director of Design and Construction at its Kirkland, Washington campus. We offer a full range of benefits and relocation assistance is available.
The Director of Construction is administratively responsible, directs and oversees the day-to-day activities of the Construction Management department for EvergreenHealth. The Director uses experience and knowledge of building codes and other regulations governing licensed medical facilities to ensure that ongoing construction activities from project planning and design through construction and occupancy are accomplished in a safe manner, meet regulatory requirements, and are consistent with the mission of EvergreenHealth.
The Director interacts regularly with administrative leadership, other departments’ management and regulatory agencies to ensure the smooth coordination and delivery of Construction projects. Projects include renovations, tenant improvements and occasional ground up builds in a public works law governed community agency. Also responsible for major plant equipment replacement, signage, moves and master facility planning for long range as well as year to year capital budgeting. Projects frequently occur in a complex, highly regulated and sensitive environment where careful planning for phasing and off hours work is required to maintain ongoing mission critical medical and support operations in fully occupied facilities while assuring safety for all involved or potentially impacted.
Required for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7 years of experience in design and construction management or related field.
- Demonstrated success in financial management strategies for construction projects
- Must have high level verbal and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure, and provide a safe environment, and to provide legal safety records of this work.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations (JC, DOH) and applicable codes for areas of accountability
- Knowledge of Infection Control procedures and general safety codes to ensure that construction, ongoing physical plant, safety and hospitality activities are accomplished in a service oriented, safe manner, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of new trends and techniques in health care while leading effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Performs work within strict quality, budget, and timing guidelines, striving for efficiency and efficacy, and identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Knowledge of project management techniques and software applications
Desired for this position:
- Master’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or related field
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Familiarity with State of Washington Public bidding laws (RCW 39)
- Knowledge and ability to apply the principles of LEAN or other Process Improvement operational efficiency evaluation and planning techniques
- Management skills with strong interpersonal skills