Critical Care RN, Kirkland, WA
Critical Care RN - REQ 29609
EvergreenHealth, an integrated two- hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, seeks an experienced Critical Care RN to join the well- established, dynamic team in the twenty-bed Critical Care Unit.
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, community hospital in a locale that will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere else.
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn top honors for patient care and continually look for new and innovative ways to improve.
Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
- Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
- Requires skill and flexibility in working with staff and customers, yet attention to detail and accuracy with all aspect of clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clinical / educational knowledge to learners (i.e., students, staff, patients and families).
- Demonstrates skills to complete the nursing competency assessment checklist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of new trends and techniques in nursing.
- Demonstrates oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicates, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
- Performs an assessment process that includes age specific growth and development needs.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Qualifications and Requirements
REQUIRED for the position:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Must have ACLS certification by date of hire.
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Minimum of one-year recent RN experience in critical care nursing.
DESIRED for the position:
- CCRN certification is preferred.
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CCRN.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).