Critical Care Stat RN, Kirkland, WA
EvergreenHealth, an integrated two- hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, seeks an Experienced Critical Care or Emergency Room RN to join the well- established, dynamic Critical Care Stat RN Team.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
Accountabilities / Competencies:
- Accountability for HIPAA privacy and security standards within the department or assigned nursing unit
- Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment
- Provides patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, specific to the age of the patient population served in the department or assigned nursing unit
- Adheres to organizational patient safety standards
- Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures
- Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to effectively execute the nursing process
- Role models professional nursing practice
- Provides and documents ongoing patient and family/significant other education
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
- Critical Care or Emergency Room Nursing experience required
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- CCRN certification strongly preferred
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CCRN.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).
EvergreenHealth is an integrated two-hospital healthcare system offering a breadth of services and programs that is among the most comprehensive in the region.
Formed in 1972 as a public hospital district, we now serve nearly 850,000 residents of our service area in north King and south Snohomish counties, with medical facilities located throughout the area for easy access.
Our goal is to improve the health of every life we touch by delivering the highest quality care and absolute patient safety, and we’re honored to be recognized as by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for the past three years. (2017-2019).
We take great pride in offering the latest medical technology, but our care is set apart by the personal touch provided by our staff of nearly 3,000, our 950 physician partners and our 1,100 volunteers.
Our main campus is located in Kirkland, and includes a 318-bed medical center and four medical specialty buildings. In 2015, we expanded to include EvergreenHealth Monroe, an accredited, full-service public hospital district located in Monroe, WA.
Our EvergreenHealth Medical Group, a nearly 300-member physician multispecialty group, provides 13 primary care centers, five urgent cares and over two dozen specialty care practices located throughout our service area.
All told, we offer care in 70 clinical specialties, from primary care to specialty care, from the family maternity center to senior care and hospice care.
To further bolster our capabilities and extend access to services, EvergreenHealth has partnered with two other regional healthcare leaders, Overlake Medical Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, and with the Eastside Health Alliance.
We also serve the community with our 24/7 Nurse Navigator and Healthline and hundreds of community health education classes and presentations each year.
To find all of our openings please go to our employment site: https://jobs.evergreenhealth.com/