Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Santa Maria, CA
Title: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Nurse Practitioner provides general medical care and treatment to patients by performing the following duties.
It is the primary purpose of CHCCC to provide the highest quality of total care possible to the patient population it serves. Such a level of quality depends ultimately on the staff's desire and ability to work together, individually, and as a team. The employee is expected to be professional, punctual, maintain regular attendance, cooperative, organized, and enthusiastic at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults or geriatrics).
- Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence, child, dependent and elder abuse protocols.
- Ensures and demonstrates adherence to and observes all safety policies and procedures, inclusive of infection control rules and regulations.
- Maintains and adheres to confidentiality, and privileged communications (patient, employee, and corporation).
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Training:
Masters Degree in Nurse Practitioner training; four years related experience. Posession of current, valid, California FNP license. Possession of current, valid, California Driver’s License. Current BLS-C CPR card. Experience working in OB and GYN is preferred.
For full time positions CHC offers the following: Life insurance. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. 401k Retirement plan. Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. Paid CME, jury duty, and bereavement time. Employee Assistance Program. Paid license and DEA. Paid society dues and professional expenses. FTCA Malpractice insurance.
For more information or a complete job description please contact Madisyn Masatani at email@example.com.