Registered Nurse, Inpatient, Indianapolis, IN
At OrthoIndy everything we do is about creating a caring, connected and committed workforce that directly improves the quality of life for our employees and customers.
Be a part of something great!
Facility: OrthoIndy Hospital Main, Indianapolis IN
Department: Nursing Services; Inpatient Unit
Status: Full Time, Days
Shifts: 3 12-hour shifts with varied days off Monday – Friday including rotating weekends and holidays; Days 7a-730p
Summary of Duties:
The Registered Nurse, Inpatient, provides selected direct patient care activities commensurate with his/her training, experience and licensure. Oversees the supervision of the non-licensed staff.
- Patient Assessment - Performs patients' assessment through observation and communicates pertinent patient information/data to appropriate care providers in a timely manner. Requires constant mental alertness to observe signs and symptoms of patient conditions and side effects of medications or technical procedures and respond appropriately to ensure optimal patient care.
- Direct Patient Care - Completes treatments and procedures as ordered and/or indicated. Provides care related to personal hygiene, activities of daily living, and comfort measures as indicated. Prepares and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physicians.
- Documentation - Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status. Document patient care, including nursing intervention, patient response to care provided, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress towards goals. Documentation includes evidence of appropriate patient/significant other teaching, and the understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record.
- Patient Education/Discharge Planning - Distributes educational material as appropriate. Completes assigned tasks that facilitate discharge planning. Teach patient/significant other appropriate health information in a timely manner and share written informational material.
- Continuing Education - Participates in annual and on-going training education and development activities to improve knowledge and skills to contribute to the learning organization. Requires knowledge of equipment and supplies.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science in Nursing; graduated from a nursing program accredited through the NLN or CCNE
- Current license as a Registered Nurse with the State of Indiana
- CPR and ACLS certification
- 1-2 years recent experience in a hospital setting on a medical-surgical unit required
- Orthopaedic experience beneficial, but not required
Paid Time Off: Full-time employees begin accruing paid time off (PTO) on the first day of employment and may take PTO after 90 days of employment. Employees accrue 136 hours of PTO per year in addition to 48 paid holiday hours.
CME - Full time employees are eligible for $1500 annually
401(k) Employee contribution & OI Match - Full time, Part time, and PRN employees are eligible to contribute; OI match up to 6%.
401(k) Profit Share - Full time, Part time and PRN employees are eligible with the annual requirement of 1000 hours worked minimum for profit share eligible.
Click here to Search Jobs https://www.orthoindy.com/careers/
OrthoIndy is an Equal Opportunity Employer