Chief Information Officer (health care), Scotts Valley, CA
Chief Information Officer (health care)
at Central California Alliance for Health (View all jobs)
Scotts Valley, CA
We have an opportunity to join Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) as the Chief Information Officer (CIO), leading our Analytics and Technology Services (ATS) Division. As part of our Executive Management team, the CIO participates in strategic planning and goal setting for the organization and provides leadership related to new business plans, policies and projects to ensure high quality results.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, Stephanie Sonnenshine, and serving as our Security Officer, you will direct a broad functional division through a the team of Directors who oversee and build our analytic capabilities, manage and configure our vended software products, develop and enhance applications, keep our work moving forward with the right hardware and software technology and ensure that our data transactions are HIPAA compliant, accurate and secure. You will ensure development of clear scope and work plans for new efforts, and establish clear and measurable objectives for projects and programs. You will lead the execution of strategy for Alliance technology platforms in areas such as core systems, data warehousing, reporting, portals, mobile technologies, connectivity and telephony. You will also monitor to industry trends and best practices and adjust our strategy and process as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Be a purpose driven leader, adept at achieving alignment towards shared goals, and delivering results through shared effort. Effectively manage change Value, promote and achieve excellence.
- Be invested in development. Develop people for learning and performance
- Be organizationally focused, and adept at managing shared resources towards results
- Be committed to accountability. Promote accountability for results, for process, for improvement
- Enjoy working on a team, both with your peer Chiefs and with the Alliance executive leadership team as a whole
- Be a strategist. Form organizational priorities and strategies to serve the Alliance’s mission. Ensure that decisions and actions are aligned
- Be an effective communicator, promoting authentic, direct and timely communication within your own team and across the organization
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- The California Medi-Cal program, Medicare and/or entitlement programs
- Healthcare information technology, HIPAA security, privacy and transaction regulations
- Healthcare analytics and decision support, Data Warehousing and provider/member portals
- Effective leadership and people management skills, including leading team building activities
- Principles and practices of organizational management and supervision and training
- Ability to:
- Develop, plan, organize, and direct programs and activities
- Plan, direct, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of others
- Provide leadership and partner with and guide staff in the resolution of issues
- Foster effective working relationships and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Management Information Systems or a related field
- Twelve years of experience in a health care organization (or a Bachelor's degree and fifteen years), including experience working with Medi-Cal, Medicare and/or commercial insurance programs, health care information technology, and business analytics and reporting, including a minimum of five years at the management level; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us and be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 330,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for sponsorship.