Director of Quality, South Bend, IN
Director of Quality,/p>
South Bend, IN
Full-time, Day, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary Range: 42.01---56.71---71.41
Posted 07/26/2019Req # 188544
Reports to CCO, Dr. Sam El-Dalati. Supervises quality management associates, leads quality and safety efforts throughout Beacon Health System, plans and implements quality and safety improvements, leads and directs quality reporting and grading and teaches and implements process improvement (LEAN, etc.).
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in nursing, business or other health related field is required. An MS, MSN, MBA, or MHA is required to assure the successful link between the clinical and financial aspects of the position. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of job-related experience is required. Experience in Continuous Quality Improvement or Performance Improvement methodologies or teams required. Experience in training and education is beneficial. Experience in LEAN techniques preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have 5-7 years of experience is several of these areas; Infection Prevention, Disease Management, quality methodologies/tools and quality systems.
- Possess skills in visioning, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and decision making.
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic in light of all team activities and priorities. Must be able to manage change, conflict, and emotional reactions resulting from rapid change.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to work well with staff and management at every level within the organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that enable timely and effective communication and collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization and in the community.
- Responsibilities require in depth quantitative, qualitative analysis, and interpretative skills.
- Ability to work independently and assume leadership responsibility for tasks, projects, and process improvements related to continuous improvement projects.
Rapid Improvement Events often occur monthly. These weeks require intensive commitment to the activity of the teams. Hours must be flexible.
- Long hours standing or sitting, particularly during training sessions and Rapid Improvement Event weeks.
- Prolonged sitting, including exposure to computer screens.
- Ability to move equipment, set up training rooms, and push moderately heavy carts with training materials.