Facilities and Plant Operations Director, Olympia, WA
Facilities & Plant Operations Director/ Property Management
Directs the Engineering, plant operations, facility management, and Security/Clinical Engineering operations of the hospital.
- Ability to meet minimum hospital hiring standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 or more years of experience preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM)
Essential Job Functions*:
- Completes position responsibilities following established guidelines & protocols within the appropriate time frame, and works well with others in a spirit of team work and cooperation.
- Active in ASHE and WSSHE. Continually evaluates, identifies, develops and implements improvements so as to continually meet the needs of the department.
- Facilitates interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ensures services are designed to be responsive to the needs and expectations of patients and their families, senior management, and all other customers of the department. Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Takes an active role in Emergency Preparedness and the Emergency Management Committee.
- Develops and monitors the department’s annual operating budget. Ensures Monthly Operational expenses are within budgeted levels 95% of the time.
- Ensures departmental staff is aware of and supports good customer service principles.
- Conducts regularly scheduled (at least monthly) staff meetings to ensure all departmental employees are aware of new policies and procedures.
- Is an advocate for, and ensures compliance with, all facility and departmental fire and safety policies and actively promotes a safe work environment. Chairs the Environment of Care Committee. Conducts the EOC Safety Surveys. Functions as the Safety Officer. Is responsible for creating and following ILSM’s.
- Ensures the physical plant is safe and functional for all employees, patients, and visitors. Including documentation of all EC requirements and management of hazardous waste processes.
- Develops programs to promote development and continuing education of all staff members. Ensures departmental personnel requests are submitted according to policy. Verifies and submits payroll records within the appropriate time frame. Maintains attendance records and in-service records according to policy. Director/supervisor completes all employee evaluations on time at least 95% of the time.
- Has a working knowledge of project management of construction and design of healthcare facilities. Directs, plans and implements construction, equipment, renovation or repair projects.
- Responsible for working with IC to create and monitor compliance with ICRA’s and IC construction permits.
- Attends annual in-service updates and abides by hospital and department policies regarding prevention and control of the spread of infection.
- Management of Security and Biomedical Services.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
- Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation. See checklist (page 2) for specific physical, mental and environmental working conditions.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
About Capital Medical Center
Located in Olympia, Capital Medical Center is a 110-bed full-service hospital serving all of Thurston and surrounding counties. Part of the LifePoint Health family of hospitals, Capital Medical provides a comprehensive range of medical services and high quality care. Capital Medical strives to be a forward thinking, innovative hospital where trust, teamwork, and technology come together to make a positive difference in the health of the community and region. Capital Medical is partly owned by some of the physicians who serve our patients. For more information about our hospital, go online to www.capitalmedical.com. Capital Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.