Director of Project Management
Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #1446
Monday, December 23, 2019
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
Kern Family Healthcare. The friendly face
Our Mission...Kern Health Systems is dedicated to improving the health status of our members through an integrated managed health care delivery system
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our core values: Trust, Respect and Integrity.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, manages the planning, development, and implementation of all company projects and new business development using the Project Management Institute (PMI) methods aligned with the lean Agile execution process.
Ability to evaluate plan performance based on metric driven project portfolio. Develop and execute strategic business initiatives. Conduct research and analysis to support decision-making and planning for major strategic initiatives. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Charismatic ability to flesh out operational project strategies with business units. Perform Project Management Office oversight activities. Provide staff mentoring and continuous improvement of the Project Management Office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Directs and oversees the Project Management Office (PMO) function for the organization, with duties including but not limited to:
- Directing the PMO Department’s operations and strategic planning
- Developing, implementing, managing and training the organization on all aspects of Program Project Management (PPM) with alignment of the lean Agile IT methodology.
- Ensuring consistent organization-wide adoption of PPM and Agile methodologies, standards, tools, systems, processes and continuous improvement activities that align with business needs.
- Identifying opportunities for efficient and effective cross-functional PPM and organizing and implementing solutions to related business challenges.
- Facilitate complex requirement gathering exercises while identifying major features and project timelines.
- Overseeing complex programs and projects from start to finish in a manner that meets business needs, follows standard PPM and Agile methodologies and best practices and ensures successful execution.
- Ensuring that program and project business needs are well understood, project teams perform at a high level, communication is clear and timely, and scope, risks, schedule, resources, records and documents are well managed.
- Ensure PMO project workflows are followed, kept current and improved with changing processes and business needs.
- Manage program and project evaluation including continual improvement of evaluation criteria and methodology, execution of the evaluation and presentation of results.
- Managing strategic, interdepartmental programs for the organization as needed.
- Ensuring program and project issues impacting successful delivery are brought to the attention of the Executive team.
- Manages, directs and supervises the PMO Portfolio Managers and staff:
- Managing and leading PMO staff in the planning and execution of the organization’s portfolio of programs and projects to ensure they meet the organizations requirements and goals using empirical evidence.
- Identifying objectives, assignments, critical paths, work related tasks and reviewing work products as needed.
- Managing and directing PMO staff requiring additional training in the use of consistent PPM and Agile methodologies
- Directing the development of PMO staff training and associated materials
- Participating in and overseeing the recruitment and selection of staff
- Evaluating employee performance, providing feedback, mentoring, coaching and development and growth opportunities for staff based on the quantifiable objectives of on-time, on-budget, and on-measures of performance.
- Oversees and directs the development, implementation and maintenance of PMO processes and policies to ensure alignment with organizational needs, with duties including:
- Overseeing and directing the development and maintenance of PPM policy and procedures, and implementing PPM practices across the organization
- Managing the standard PPM tools and processes to track metrics and measure achievement of desired goals and outcomes.
- Overseeing the development and monitoring of progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, presentations, performance metrics and statistics.
- Overseeing and directing the continuous improvement of all PMO processes and policies.
- Collaboratively work with KHS leadership at all levels throughout the organization to define, prioritize and develop programs and projects:
- Promote a culture that embraces the service oriented Project Management Office using the various methodologies to successfully complete projects.
- Providing information, feasibility and recommendations to leadership for informed decision making
- Review program and project proposals or plans to determine timeframes, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing programs and projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources for various projects
- Defining and implementing resource optimization plans, and proactive organization wide program and project plans.
- Leading complex, strategic interdepartmental program and project teams as needed.
- Report on the performance of the portfolio and provide KHS leadership data for informed decision making.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a health care of business related discipline from an accredited school or equivalent and minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in health care or related business area. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and Agile Scrum Master Certification required. Master’s degree and Agile Certified Practitioner preferred.
Highly proficient in applicable business software applications including Microsoft Office applications; preparation of business plans, analyses, financial projections, and programmatic and operational reports; Research and program planning methodology and Project Management.
Possession of valid California Driver’s License and proof of valid State required auto liability insurance. Required Travel Up to 25%.