Directs the organization, coordination and administration of patient care. Serves as resource to nurse managers, clinical specialists, educators and staff regarding nursing practice. Oversees daily operations in conjunction with nurse managers. Ensures that nursing and clinical practice are in accordance with the philosophy, standards and goals.
- Assists with direction, coordination and management of all nursing areas.
- Provides supervision and acts as a resource to nurse managers, educators, clinical specialists, and staff.
- Collaborates with leadership team regarding budget review, personnel management, monitoring of productivity and staff development.
- Ensures communication, cooperation and understanding among staff.
- Monitors adherence to CC and Nursing Institute policies and procedures. Promotes ongoing professional development of staff at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN with Master's degree required.
- Current state licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN).
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Four years of recent clinical experience and at least one year of health care management experience required.
- Clinical experience in specialty area of position preferred.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities