Director of Operations - Women and Children
We are looking for a Lean leader for our departments of OB/GYN, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Leadership and Operations Management
- Transparent, servant leadership with a recognized presence in the clinic space.
- Responsive to day to day issues that come up.
- Advocate for the needs of our patients and staff.
- Make problems visible with clear action plans.
- Create, maintain and operate a lean management system; developing a culture of continuous improvement and demonstrating consistent leadership through Leader Standard Work.
- Develop leaders across the organization at all levels.
- Assist in the oversight of clinical operational strategies.
- Set standard for collaboration with stakeholders, internal customers.
- Accountable for patient, provider, and employee satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of and transition to a Value-Based Care model.
- Advise leadership regarding resource and space requirements.
- Participate in community initiatives, including marketing, to enhance service lines.
- Set expectation and model high-level customer focus with patients, staff and providers.
- Manage areas of responsibility within budget while meeting performance objectives.
- Support the organization's lean leadership culture by demonstrating, supporting, and coaching others
Staff Management and Development
- Effectively staff, hire, coach and performance manage the department managers through respectful, fair and equitable application of employment policies.
- Provide the tools and resources required to fulfill expectations.
- Effectively load-level work and delegate responsibility to others appropriately.
- Model professional, ethical, proactive, and positive leadership.
- Enable a workplace which encourages ownership in TVC mission and vision.
- BA in Business, Healthcare, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing patient or customer service teams in healthcare, service, or other business operations, including hiring, managing, and developing direct reports, as well as creating and managing to an operational budget.
- Experience with Women’s services and Pediatrics preferred.
- Experience utilizing Lean processes to improve business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate goals and leadership messages designed to promote organizational strategies.
- Experience creating strong dyad relationships with medical leadership preferred.
- EMR experience in EPIC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to determine how current/future trends and legislation impact healthcare, e.g. access, patient/staff satisfaction, turnover; and to develop plans to adapt effectively.
- The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.