Education Program Manager - Healthcare Simulation
All Areas Of Talent | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 200269
Department: Jones Learning Center
Hours: Days - variable
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
This position provides structure, content and evaluation for all programmatic offerings of the Virginia Mason Jones Learning, Innovation, and Simulation Center (Jones Learning Center). The position supports the growth, development and experience of team members, patients and family partners by assisting in the development and execution of the strategic initiatives of the Jones Learning Center.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical leaders across the organization and members of various teams, to identify and drive education and learning initiatives supported by the Jones Learning Center.
- Serves as the program manager on Jones Learning Center development initiatives. Supports the clear definition of project scope, timelines, goals, roles and responsibilities, tasks and deliverables, and develops full-scale project plans with detailed tasks, timelines, accountabilities and milestones.
- Actively participates in strategy discussions for the Jones Learning Center Program, and ensures Program elements and implementation are aligned with Virginia Mason’s principle people-related strategies and goals.
- Functions as an expert for consultation on education and learning assessment, strategy, analysis, instructional design/curriculum development, evidenced-based best practices and standards, redesign, implementation, and evaluation. Functions as the expert healthcare simulation consultant.
- Through the application of various training modalities, collaborates with educators and faculty using adult learning theory, strong instructional design, and measurable outcomes design.
- Plans and implements education curriculum using innovation and creativity.
- Promotes interdisciplinary and interprofessional collaboration through team based simulation and other training.
- Helps design and create the tools, resources, artifacts, etc. associated for Program implementation.
- Facilitates communication between the Jones Learning Center leadership, team members and customers. Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of Program communication strategies to create awareness and action in stakeholder groups.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of education and learning trends, advances, evidence-based best practice standards, technology and changing regulations. Anticipates and forecasts trends in healthcare education and learning industries.
- A Master's Degree is required.
- 4 years of experience in defined area of expertise (education, healthcare simulation, clinical informatics, and/or quality) required.
- Broad knowledge of overall health systems operations; strong knowledge of clinical workflows and practice; The Joint Commission accreditation standards; and regulatory requirements.
- Background in healthcare simulation, exercises, and debriefing preferred. Familiarity with simulation technology, equipment and supplies preferred.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.