QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Quality Improvement Coordinator. The Quality Improvement Coordinator will provide operational and programmatic support to the Quality Improvement (QI) Department activities and programs. Assists with various departmental functions, programs and improvement initiatives included in the QI Program Strategy, Population Health Management (PHM) Program Strategy, Health Education Programs and Culturally & Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Programs.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Work closely with QI Department leadership, Health Services and/or QI team members on interventions related to QI, PHM, Health Education or CLAS efforts.
- Communications directly with members to assist in accessing appropriate health education activities in the community by fielding phone calls through the health education phone line.
- Conduct and track targeted member outreach activities and enrollment into Quality Improvement, Population Health Management (PHM), Health Education and Culturally & Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) programs (e.g. Member incentives programs, text messaging campaigns, health education programs).
- Participate in project specific teams lead by Health Promotion Program Specialists and Quality Improvement Specialists
- Disseminate QI related information, process, and resources through various modes including maintenance of the QI Department intranet page
- Review, route and track all incoming requests for the Quality Department (e.g. Service Desk Plus tickets, health education emails, health education phone line calls and voicemails).
- Schedule and track in-person interpreter requests
- Track quality of care (QOC) and potential quality issues (PQI) from initial intake to response and follow-up
- Request and track medical records for Quality auditing
- Support compliance driven activities for the QI Department and associated programs (e.g. annual review of Policies & Procedures Process)
- Provide departmental organizational support which may include sorting & organizing documentation, maintaining department files, updating and maintaining department binders, sorting and distributing mail, sorting and distributing departmental faxes, screening and directing incoming calls, and assorted filing.
- Maintain department calendar, assist with scheduling team meetings and handle travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, purchase orders, supply orders and other documents.
- Maintain various departmental spreadsheets and databases as requested.
- Collect information and data; create, validate and distribute reports as requested.
- Coordinate meetings including scheduling, arranging conference room and catering when requested.
- Take minutes for departmental and Quality committee meetings.
- Maintain department supplies and office inventory
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Cross train, as requested, to provide back-up to other departmental functions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma; Associates Degree in a health related field is desired.
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field preferred.
- One (1) year of experience and/or externship in a health care delivery system working directly with patients, or in a managed care plan working directly with members is preferred.
- Working in a heavy customer service based work environment dealing with a multicultural population.
- Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- General office practices and procedures.
- General office equipment including a personal computer, fax, phone, copier, etc.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work as part of a team and support team decisions.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
- Utilize a personal computer and the range of Microsoft Office products including Word, Access and Excel.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; speak/make presentations to groups.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Problem-solve to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Organize and maintain accurate records and files.
- Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.