RN Staff Development Nurse
Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, Beechwood Home is a 5-Star long-term facility caring for residents with neurological conditions since 1890. We are a private not-for-profit home providing skilled nursing care for 80 residents, each living in their own private room.
We are currently searching for a RN Staff Development nurse to join our team.
This individual is responsible for assuring Beechwood Home’s compliance with in-service education requirements and developing a training program that ensures a high quality of care.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintains in-service education records.
- Ensures that STNAs complete the number of in-service hours required by the Ohio Department of Health.
- Coordinates the annual skill checks for STNAs, including but not limited to identifying skills to be included in the annual check, developing competency checklists as needed, maintaining documentation, and ensuring that personnel who assist with skill checks demonstrate competency in those areas.
- Assists, as needed, with the facility 's general orientation program
- Coordinates mandatory all staff in-services through Relias eLearning.
- Coordinates CPR classes and monitor attendance to ensure that direct care staff is current with certifications.
- Works with department managers to ensure staff attendance at mandatory in services.
- Prepares and assists as needed with presentation of in-services on new
equipment and procedures. Ensures that equipment training is based on manufacturer instructions.
- Maintains yearly record of ppds for all staff.
- Reviews Signs and Symptoms forms annually
- Trains nursing personnel on electronic charting (PCC/ POC)
- Prepares and distributes evaluation forms and posttests as needed and uses this
information to make improvements to the in-services.
- Follows local, state, and federal regulations governing in-service education requirements
- Works with department managers and directors to identify in-service needs
and develops programs in response to identified issues.
- Remains current and is knowledgeable of regulations relating to in-service education
- Attends all mandatory in-services
- Other duties as assigned
Must have a current RN license in the state of Ohio
Experience in staff development
Broad knowledge of overall health systems
Proficient with PCC / POC
Beechwood Home offers competitive compensation and benefits for our employees. You will enjoy our neighborhood style setting.
Join our team by applying to Bhils@beechwoodhome.com