Director HR - Professional Talent Acquisition
Requisition ID 2020-23879
Category Human Resources
The Director of Professional Talent Acquisition is responsible for development and execution of best in class talent acquisition strategy to support full life cycle recruitment for designated lines of business. The Director, Professional Talent Acquisition is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director, Clinical Talent Acquisition to collectively present an overall philosophy, strategy and approach to Talent Acquisition. The Director is specifically responsible for developing, implementing, and coordinating recruitment, employment, and affirmative action programs, policies, procedures, and administration; directing and overseeing all Professional Talent Acquisition activities; ensuring that employment goals as they relate to staffing and diversity are met.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct, plan, organize, and control all talent acquisition, onboarding and affirmative action activities pertaining to Professional Talent Acquisition.
- Lead, manage and develop Professional Talent Acquisition team to achieve organization recruiting practices and drive high level of performance.
- Works collaboratively with Director, Clinical Talent Acquisition to collectively present an overall philosophy, strategy and approach to Talent Acquisition.
- Coach and develop talent acquisition partners/coordinators to continuously improve talent acquisition support for hiring managers.
- Consistently follow market trends and competition for talent.
- Collaborate with HR partners and organizational leaders to build systemic processes that enhance organization capability to identify internal talent pipeline and retain top talent through additional development opportunities.
- Monitors and evaluates the administration, interpretation and application of employment policies and procedures, assuring effectiveness by recommending changes when necessary.
- Plans and implements comprehensive external and internal talent acquisition programs including timely and cost–effective recruitment advertising programs to meet current and projected needs of the Hospital.
- When necessary, interviews, evaluates, and refers applicants for vacancies. Coordinates or conducts reference checks and supervises any appropriate testing. Conducts equity and recommends hiring wage. Negotiates job offer with external candidates. Coordinates hiring and orientation process for new hires.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and accreditation regulations regarding employer-employee relationships, including Equal Employment Opportunity, The Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, Affirmative Action, etc.
- Serves as a resource regarding matters related to talent acquisition, retention, and selection techniques, including hard to fill positions, diversity, and talent development. Provides timely customer service to managers and staff.
- Ensures that the Organization’s applicant tracking system meets the Hospital’s needs. Ensures that timely customer service is provided to both internal and external applicants.
- Develops and implements and executes innovative diversity staffing initiatives and programs for the Organization.
- Selects, trains, directs, evaluates and when necessary, disciplines or discharges employees within areas of responsibility.
- On an annual basis, prepares Professional Talent Acquisition budget and submits it for approval to the VP of Human Resources.
- Coordinates the contracting, hiring and managing of traveling agency personnel as needed.
- Coordinates the use of outside employment agencies and search firms by the Hospital.
- Manages the Hospital’s relocation services by following established guidelines and policies.
- Coordinates outplacement services for employees affected by job elimination.
- Participates in HR projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of personnel-related experience in areas of talent acquisition or Human Resources, preferably in Healthcare of Hospital environment.
- Minimum of five years leading a talent acquisition team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills required in interactions with job candidates, other departmental and hospital personnel, and the public; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations required.
- Knowledge of labor laws, EEO laws, wage and hour laws.
- Ability to resolve conflict and resolve problems.