Position Title: LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Reports To: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Salary: Full time, Exempt
Position Summary: The LCSW position is a direct patient care position addressing mental health needs as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of a chief medical officer, behavioral health program manager, physicians, FNP’s, RN’s, behavioral health professionals and outreach workers. Patient treatment plans may include physical health, mental health, medication support, crisis management, and substance abuse treatment. The LCSW must have a working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental disorders, familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy), and a basic knowledge of psychopharmacology. Experience working with underserved, transient populations and working with patients who have co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems is required. Experience working with safety-net providers within the community and knowledge of community resources.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in team clinical staff meetings and case conferences contributing a mental health/ behavioral perspective to interdisciplinary treatment/ service plans/ approaches;
- Collaborate with supervisor and chief medical officer to develop effective strategies for addressing mental health needs;
- Assess, triage and respond to mental health and co-occurring crisis, perform risk assessments and evaluate level of care needs;
- Provide brief interventions for patients presenting with mental health disorders or emotional crisis;
- Provide crisis stabilization in conjunction with medical providers and community specialists;
- Provide case management for high risk or complex individuals, and participate in admission/discharge planning as needed for hospitalization or sub-acute level of mental health care;
- Provide consultation, training, and support to health center providers and employees;
- Collaborate with outreach workers to link patients to resources supporting behavioral change;
- Assess the needs of individual clients and potential barriers to service;
- Develop strengths-based treatment plans with clients and treatment team;
- Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent;
- Work with clients in both individual and group formats, utilizing evidence-based practices;
- Maintain client records as required by state, federal, local, and program standards/funding requirements;
- Work within scope of training and experience and seek consultation when appropriate;
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and CCHC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security;
- Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including requirements for EMR access.
- Participate in outreach activities associated with the service area and patients of the health center;
- Participate in training opportunities to advance skills and knowledge in behavioral health;
- Complete patient charting using electronic health record system and using DSM and CPT codes;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Required Education, Certification, and Experience:
- Psychologist or LCSW, with licensure and credentials to allow practice in Oregon, or;
- Registered LCSW intern with a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree;
- Preferred mental health experience in a medical setting with team-based approach to client care;
- Knowledge of medication approaches to mental health disorders;
- Ability to meet credentialing requirements as required by private and commercial insurance carriers;
- Must possess an unencumbered active professional license and current with required continued professional education requirements to meet general credentialing requirements including FTCA;
- Must be familiar with conducting a biopsychosocial assessment, using DSM V to appropriately identify mental health concerns, and implementing objective treatment plans and goals.
- Must pass criminal background check;
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
Skills & Abilities:
- Work effectively independently, and with peers in a team-based environment;
- Exercise initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn about an integrated care model;
- Strong self-management, multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks skills, manage time and meet deadlines;
- Advanced knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, skilled in crisis assessment and crisis response;
- Able to identify client needs and develop plans to address those needs;
- Able to quickly and accurately perform risk assessments,
- Able to assess the needs of clients, family dynamics and potential barriers to service;
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in counseling techniques with individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and skills in mental health and chemical dependency treatment methods;
- Exercise conflict resolution skills;
- Work courteously/effectively communicate with the public, clients, and medical personnel;
- Remain calm in urgent situations and work under pressure, with knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods;
- Exercise effective communication/presentation skills both orally and in writing;
- Provide services that are personally responsive, culturally appropriate, and trauma informed;
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork;
Potential exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to an office environment within a medical practice setting.
- Involves frequent contact with staff on the phone and in-person
- Work may be stressful at times due to volume of work
- Working extended hours may be required as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, listen, handle objects, tools, controls, and equipment, Employee must reach and bend, stand and walk, kneel and bend extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally physically assist persons, lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
This Description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
- Employee is in receipt of this Job Description.
- Employee has read and understands the Job Description and has discussed the job requirements and responsibilities with supervisor.
- Employee has sufficient experience and training to fulfill tasks of the Job Description.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Completed job applications should include
- Applicant’s letter of interest
- Professional references
- Signed Employment Application Form
Download the application here
Items 1 through 4 should be submitted via email to email@example.com
All applications are retained on file for 6 months. Qualified applicants will be contacted as positions are available.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.