Yolo Hospice is looking for individuals who are passionate about, and seasoned in, end-of-life care, with superb communications skills. Are you passionate about quality healthcare management, and eager for challenging career enrichment opportunity? If so, please submit your resume today!
Yolo Hospice is a non-profit, community-based organization, driven by our mission to serve patients, their families and the community. We provide a unique healthcare option to those with life-limiting illness: emphasizing quality of life. We provide comfort where no comfort is felt.
We are looking for full time and part time, dedicated, Case Manager – Registered Nurse to provide skilled nursing care. The open position schedules vary and do include weekends only.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Completes the nursing assessment of assigned patients. Maintains an ongoing assessment within hospice guidelines to determine if patient fulfills hospice criteria.
- Collaborates with other core disciplines (medicine, social work, and spiritual care counseling) in accordance with patient’s problems (aka “Plan of Care”) to meet care goals.
- Coordinates provision of necessary medications, durable medical equipment, and disposable medical supplies. Ensures cost-effective and timely provision of the above.
- Knows and utilizes Universal Precautions in the provision of all direct patient care.
- A current license in the State of California as a Registered Nurse.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English is required. Spanish language skills are also encouraged.
- Three (3) years of recent clinical nursing experience is required. Experience in home care or hospice care is preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong clinical nursing skills, an understanding of, and commitment to, the general philosophy and goals of hospice care.
Why choose to apply for this position? Yolo Hospice offers competitive salary, benefits and work/life balance support. We were honored in 2017 as a Best Place to Work by the Sacramento Business Journal.
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical nursing: 3 years (Required)
- relevant hospice: 3 years (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resources
1909 Galileo Court, Suite A
Davis, CA 95618
For general questions about employment with Yolo Hospice email the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org.