Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, located in the clinical setting, is responsible for providing psychotherapy and medication evaluation and management to a range of clients having mental illness, mental retardation and substance abuse disorders. The position also provides evaluation, treatment planning and discharge planning services for patients post-discharge from psychiatric facilities or those being diverted from state hospital admissions within the framework of mutually established medical guidelines and approved by the appropriate licensing board in the state of Washington.
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we do is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us.
Partner with Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) for a rewarding career. Your dream to promote health and wellness, work with passionate people, and feel accomplished for doing important work while earning a reasonable paycheck is possible with us. Be a part of a healthcare movement as you grow your career. The size and culture of the organization provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, lead initiatives, and see the results of your hard work. You ability to make an impact is limited only by your passion and creativity.
- Conducts therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response to new and existing clients. Develops individual service plans based upon assessment data, and provides therapeutic interventions as necessary including the provision of on-going medication management services.
- Provides consultation and health education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it is relative to the treatment and medication needs of agency consumers.
- Maintains documentation of services including service plans, progress notes, medication informed consent, quarterly treatment plan reviews, and other required information in compliance with agency and third party compliance standards.
- Completes other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor that are consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participate in planning and instituting health care programs as a peer member of the health care team.
- Promotes a positive work culture and upholds clinic policies and procedures, including the WE CARE standards of Behavior.
- Must uphold confidentiality at all times in regards to CBHA activities, reports, financials, patient health information and other proprietary information specific to CBHA
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Psychiatric Family Nurse Practitioner: A registered Nurse who has completed a Psychiatric Family Nurse Practitioner program and graduated from a college or university recognized in the State of Washington.
- Extensive knowledge of: the etiology of serious mental illness, mental retardation, developmental, and substance abuse disorders and their treatment by a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacology; nursing practice and medical evaluation, physical diseases and their treatment; community resources and networking techniques; and of psychiatric and medical emergency stabilization for transfer to a secondary location.
- Preference will be given to prior clinical experience in a family practice setting.
License and Certification:
- Psychiatric Family Nurse Practitioner: Possesses or is eligible for licensure in Washington State as a Psychiatric ARNP.
- Ability to prepare basic correspondence and simple reports in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create tables and simple displays of information.
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical Record Software.
- Responsible for effectively communicating basic or non-technical information to co-workers and others.
- Ability to provide effective communication of information in written (including electronic) correspondence.
- Job duties require the effective communication of information during informal and formal verbal presentations.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.