Quality Improvement & Risk Management Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Approved: October, 2020
Essential Job Functions:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of SPRHC.
- Serves as coordinator in maintaining, updating and implementing the Quality Improvement Plan for SPRHC.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for loss prevention and risk control.
- Serves as the coordinator of the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) initiative for SPRHC including oversight of QAPI required reporting requirements and communication standards for support of the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Assists SPRHC departments with the coordination of audit information, data-gathering mechanisms and assisting with developing controls and contingency plans.
- Leads the identification, communication, measurement and management of SPRHC-related risk; prepares action plans to decrease risk factors.
- Creates satisfactory working environments between working departments performing QAPI studies.
- Assists, as necessary, with the accumulation, display, routing and dissemination of the information related to quality and/or risk to appropriate sources (committees, physicians, departments).
- Updates and maintains the Quality Improvement Plan, ensuring medical staff review has occurred.
- Develops, maintains and communicates unusual occurrence procedure. Ensures that procedure provides measures for reporting, monitoring and action plans for the reduction of risk.
- Generates, maintains and communicates performance-related data for medical staff members and functions.
- Obtains and utilizes knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulation and accreditation standards in order to maintain an updated Quality Improvement Plan for SPRHC.
- Ensures the consideration of the role of cultural, social and behavioral factors in the accessibility, availability, acceptability and delivery of information and services.
- Attends and actively participates in all QAPI and risk-related training and meeting activities.
- Performs other functions as required to fulfill the expectations of the Quality Improvement and Risk Management Coordinator role.
Minimum Required Education/Experience: Licensed Registered Nurse is required. Minimum of three years healthcare work experience. Computer applications work experience is preferred.
Pre-Employment Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to operate general office equipment including computer software applications (e-mail, surveillance equipment/cameras).
- Ability to organize data including collection methodologies, analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and respond to opportunities for improvement through continual learning, changes in approach based on situation and professional practice behavior.
- Knowledge of hospital quality practices, foundation of health law and CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) conditions of participation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the public, other agencies, employees and administration.
Note: An acceptable combination of education, training and experience that provides the above knowledge, abilities and skills may be substituted.
Necessary Special Requirements: Must obtain annual flu vaccination and any job-specific immunizations. Required to submit to a two-step PPD test.
Licenses or Certificates: Current Colorado driver’s license. Valid state license as an RN.
Unusual Demands: Work is subject to recurring and inflexible deadlines and frequent interruptions.