Ohio Gastroenterology Group is the leading provider of general advanced GI procedures with several state-of-the-art facilities throughout Central Ohio. We employ a talented team of specialists who perform more GI procedures each year than any other practice in our area.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Licensed Practical Nurse. Pickerington, Ohio location 8:30-5pm Monday-Friday
Assist with procedures, patient prep and discharge, provide direct patient care.
Essential key responsibilities:
- Assists the physician and the staff R.N. with patients or duties as needed during endoscopic procedures.
- Responsible for protecting confidential and/or privileged information according to Center policy. Promotes and supports patient/family-centered care.
- Prepare specimens for lab and document appropriately.
- Provides patient care; may obtain initial patient information questions such as current complaint, prep completion, known allergies and their manifestation, present medication, etc; takes and records vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure); obtain blood glucose test, urine pregnancy test; prepares patient for procedure and explains process to patient and family; assists RN in monitoring patients post procedure, discontinues peripheral IVs in accordance with Center policy.
- Enters patient history into the EMR received from patient health information forms, reviews patient portal health information and addresses potential concerns with scoping physician.
- Adheres to infection control principles and applies universal precautions according to Center standards.
- May start non-medicated IVs after completion of approved course, with addendum to LPN license.
- Maintain clean work area as well as assisting with daily stocking of supplies needed for patient care.
- Make or receive patient calls for pre or post care questions.
- Will utilize electronic charting throughout patient visit.
- Support center CQI program by completing chart audits as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hospital or outpatient experience within the past 3-5 years required.
- Special training and/or experience in endoscopic procedures preferred.
- Effective communication and listening skills.
LPN License required.
Must have ACLS (desired) & BLS certifications.
8:30 am -5:00 pm Monday- Friday
Ohio Gastroenterology Group offers a nice life/work balance and a great benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage- benefits are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
- Generous paid time off plans (vacation, sick and personal)
- 8 paid holidays
- Two retirements plans:
- 401(k) plan that offers a 3% safe harbor contribution with immediate vesting as well as annual profit sharing contributions.
- Cash balance pension plan – company contributes 2.5% and offers full vesting after 3 years of employment.
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Employee appreciation programs
- Uniform reimbursement programs
- Growth opportunities
Apply now to join a great company!