Ardent Health Services invests in quality healthcare.
Ardent makes considerable investments in people, technology, facilities, and communities, producing high quality care and extraordinary results. Since 2001, those investments total more than $835 million. From newly constructed facilities and expanded services, to lifesaving technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools needed to succeed.
Recapitalized and supported by the financial strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 50 company and leading real estate investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, Ardent is expanding its network and bringing its unique combination of resources and proven management expertise to new communities.
Ardent Health Services has become the second largest private and for-profit hospital operator in the U.S. Ardent Health Services consists of:
- 30 hospitals in six states
- 4,395 licensed beds
- 25,000 employees
- 1,150 employed physicians
- $4.4 billion in revenue
Lovelace Women's Hospital is New Mexico's first and only hospital dedicated to women's health. This hospital is a part of Lovelace Health System which consists of 6 hospitals, 3,700 employees, 606 licensed beds, and $351 million in capital improvements since 2001.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and features a 53-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 24/7 emergency department, 16 labor and delivery rooms, a 41-bed Mother-Baby unit, and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine program for high-risk pregnancies. Additionally, the hospital is home to a Natural Birthing Center, where women who wish to have a more natural delivery can do so in a safe environment. Lovelace Women's Hospital offers a comprehensive Breast Care Center, digital mammography, cardiology and gastroenterology services.
The hospital also offers surgical services including the latest minimally invasive robotic surgery system – da Vinci Robotic Surgery – offering surgery with less pain, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery for many general surgery, gynecological and urological procedures.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare nationally for nine consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to join Lovelace Women’s Hospital as the Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides leadership and directs the overall operation of the facility consistent with the mission, values, and strategy of Ardent Health Services as well as with the goals and objectives of the facility and its advisory or governing body. The CEO plans, organizes, applies, directs, controls, and evaluates all resources (human, facilities, equipment, capital, fiscal, and others) invested in the facility. The CEO uses all resources to generate measurable results to benefit the corporation, the community, the facility, the medical staff, and the patient.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and execute a regional growth strategy for both in-patient and out-patient services.
- Establish effective and collaborative relationships to foster growth plans.
- Ensure alignment of the hospital system goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain a high performing leadership environment.
- Collaborate and build community/statewide relationships and business as well as other local providers and/or organizations to identify high quality, high impact care models (how can we help outlying hospitals to assist them and form strong relationships and referral patterns).
- Create and sustain outreach programs to remote areas/communities.
- Develop organizational excellence through ensuring culture is supportive of all process improvement.
- Strengthen the workforce culture to ensure adequate workforce for continued growth by enhancing the nursing workforce and developing a training/onboarding program to improve the developmental pace of clinical staff, especially in specialty areas.
- Collaborate with system peers.
- Shape system-wide initiatives to reduce redundancies and duplication of services, capital, personnel, etc.
- Capitalize on sharing high performing resources across the system to promote high performance and system-wide consistency.
- Be a visible leader in the facility, the system, and the community.
- Place a high priority on effective identification and selection processes for the hiring of talent, across the organization.
- Set clear direction with leaders/managers, and establish a culture of accountability.
- Motivate, develop and partner with direct reports to help build their success.
- Develop short and long range management and organization plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with facility goals and objectives.
- Implement Ardent Health Services’ ethics and compliance program throughout the organization. Ensures that policies are uniformly understood and consistently interpreted and administered.
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with the medical staff, and ensure our ability to meet the health needs of the community.
- Ensure that operational and financial reports are prepared as required in regularly scheduled meetings and committees.
- Maintain accreditation and licensure standards for JCAHO, Medicare, Medicaid, state licensure, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the facility’s quality improvement and organizational effectiveness programs.
- Ensure best practice, evidence-based approaches to consistently deliver exceptional, well-coordinated and integrated care that delivers high level outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Hospital Administration, or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare administration.
- Excellent verbal, quantitative, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Current knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Previous experience in leading women’s services is preferred.
- Willingness to relocate to Albuquerque, NM.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate ideas, problems, instructions (written and oral) with corporate management staff, facility management staff and employees.
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate data, recommend, and implement courses of action that would improve the functioning of the company.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and short and long-range goal implementation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.