Mental Health Manager
Full-Time, Dutton Campus
FUNCTION: Under direction of the Director of Mental and Behavioral Health, the Mental Health Manager is responsible for oversight of coordination and quality of mental health services offered in addition to provision of mental health services (assessment, behavioral intervention and referrals) and oversight of internal mental health referral system. The Manager ensures that the goals and objectives regarding the quality of, and access to, mental health services are met. The Mental Health Manager provides clinical supervision for mental health providers and may provide didactic training to students, (Masters in Social Work (MSW) student interns, Associates in Social Work (ASW) students, and (Post-Doctoral) students) and supervises mental health support staff. The 2nd vista BH manager will also be responsible for program development and the operational planning needed for any BH or SUD grants that are awarded.
Specific Tasks/Duties Include:
- Leads staff on the development, evaluation, and provision of individual and group mental health services.
- Responsible for coordinating entry into mental health services and maintaining effective communication with referring providers.
- Ensures that mental health referrals are routed to the appropriate staff/service and meet patient needs.
- Provide behavioral interventions and therapeutic services that address each client’s specific needs.
- Leads case conferencing and other departmental meetings.
- Conducts training for medical providers and support staff on behavioral health topics and reporting laws.
- Provides leadership team with reports as requested.
- Provide brief consultations as needed to primary care providers regarding patients.
- Complete and maintain client records that meet applicable legal and ethical standards and the requirements of SCHC. Complete client billing forms as appropriate for the client’s medical coverage.
- Maintain high ethical standards, especially confidentiality, as required by SCHC, the profession, state and federal regulations.
- Provide direct individual clinical supervision to MSW student interns and ASWs.
- Supervise and develop non-clinical staff at the assigned sites. Provide leadership for the department including direction, training, performance management and development of all assigned staff. Must be familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in the supervision of any union-represented staff. Responsible for timely, accurate submission of timekeeping processes to payroll.
- Participate in ongoing training.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Doctorate in Psychology with a license or LCSW with a valid, unrestricted, California license required.
- Qualified to provide clinical supervision to MSW student interns, ASWs, and Doctorate level, psychology interns through six CEUs in clinical supervision, equivalent training, or equivalent clinical supervision experience.
- Two years’ experience providing similar services.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief, focused client contacts as well as make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and has strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to function independently as well as part of a team.
- Possesses the skills to work with emotionally intense situations and effectively de-escalate volatile situations as they occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of compliance issues within the community clinic environment
- Demonstrates a willingness to report any incident that is unusual or incompatible with accepted clinic procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Sensitivity to and willingness to interact with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people with a variety of background and educational levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Extended time keyboarding at computer.
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner, which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to five (5) pounds.
- Travel to other office and community locations.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume to Shannon Young in the Human Resources Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 707-387-3126. Please reference Mental Health Manager - REQ# 5791 in the subject line or fax cover sheet.