Assistant Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator - Home Health
Job Location Longview Office - Longview, WA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level 2 Year Degree
Salary Range Undisclosed
Travel Percentage Up to 50%
Job Shift Full Time
Job Category Health Care
Make a difference in the lives of others, join our team as an RN Clinical Coordinator and support those in the most vulnerable time of need! We are looking for compassionate team members who believe in the services we provide. Discover why our employees love Community Home Health & Hospice https://youtu.be/o1bU9wc9VLc
This position is Monday- Friday with on-call requirements
Sign-on bonus of up to $5,000.00
SUMMARY: The primary responsibility includes processing all day-to-day workflow: Plans of Care, completing medication reconciliation, reviewing and approving MD orders, reviewing and processing coordination notes, completing in-home visits as needed. Successful outcomes of this role include accountability for timely and accurate processing of all daily workflow as identified above, accurate and timely documentation of any in-home visits, compliant practice with excellent survey outcomes, positive problem solving, excellent staff training/support/productivity and satisfaction.
- Responsible for functions, activities and evaluation of all workflow to assure documentation of quality patient care and conformity to agency policies, procedures and professional standards. Evaluates care provided by field staff through a variety of means such as home visits, case conferences, record review, etc.
- Reviews patient assessments, plans of care and re-certifications with staff in order to verify, instruct, and assist in promoting effective, quality patient care and clinical documentation.
- Provides services to families where needs may be of such a nature as to require special skills, teaching, or evaluation; or assists other staff in evaluating or planning for patients.
- Conducts and facilitates case conferences as needed and assists the Home Health Clinical Coordinator in planning and facilitating department meetings.
- Works to develop and maintain positive and effective communication with physicians and among all CHHH staff. Works with hospital discharge planners, nurses and social workers to plan and organize home services upon patients’ discharge. As requested, attends meetings to facilitate community relations.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining agency productivity standards. Provides regular feedback to Clinical Coordinator regarding productivity, and Quality of Documentation. Assesses staffing patterns and needs and shares information with the Home Health Clinical Coordinator to assure effective planning to meet ongoing staffing needs.
- Assists Home Health Referral Center with insurance re-authorization process when clinical expertise is required by the insurer for such re-authorizations. Works with the Home Health Clinical Coordinators, Home Health Manager, Home Health Vice President, Referral Center Coordinator and visit staff to provide necessary information and communication for Medicare/Medicaid and third party payers to resolve Home Health reimbursement issues when additional clinical information is needed to ensure reimbursement.
- Works with the Telehealth Coordinator and field staff to effectively triage clinical issues presented via Telehealth.
- Assists in interviewing and hiring professional staff as requested.
- Mission driven local agency
- Supportive team environment
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Retirement plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Medical and dental plans
- Performance Rewards Program
- RN required, BSN preferred
- Current WA and OR licenses.
- Knowledge of home health regulations and third party reimbursement.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to document concisely, accurately and timely.
- Excellent organization and training skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable auto, and proof of current and adequate auto insurance based on agency requirements.
- Proof of TB screening.
- Current CPR Certification
- HIV/AIDS education.