Activities Therapist - Sign On Bonus Offered - River Bend Hospital, Lafayette #992
Department: 005114 RBH INPATIENT PSYCHOLOGY DEP
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Your dedication, our commitment
If you are a passionate, dedicated professional that wants to make a difference in our patients’ lives, then please consider the following open position:
***Sign on Bonus of $2500 for a Certified Recreation Therapist Specialist***
Text AT992 to (765)523-4622 for Quick Apply!
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time, flexible Activities Therapist for our River Bend Hospital Inpatient Program located in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Provides assessment, treatment formulation, and treatment plan.
- Provides individual activity therapy appropriate to patient’s needs.
- Provides small or large group treatment interventions that are specific to individual treatment plans.
- Plans appropriate and reasonable treatment interventions to meet the needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates competency and ability to lead and/or facilitate programs that may be oriented toward socialization, leisure skills development, values clarification, meditation, coping skills, community reintegration, and other therapeutic recreation (or related field) intervention techniques.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Participates in team meetings, staff meetings, and discipline meetings.
- Works with assigned supervisor in collaborative manner.
- Possesses good time management skills, including the ability to structure time, prioritize activities, and be self-motivated.
- Works effectively with staff of other agencies and with colleagues.
- Teaches, trains, and supervises students and new staff as assigned.
- Conduct appropriate and timely assessment and documentation of patient’s needs, interests, strengths and weaknesses, leisure history, and leisure patterns.
- Applies quality improvement data, new treatment interventions, and research to improve patient services.
- Maintains continuing education requirements necessary for certification and upgrading knowledge.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director or supervisor in the program.
- Design written materials, reports, proposals, and general publicity appropriate to job tasks or advocacy.
- Demonstrates counseling skills adequate to patient’s functional capacities.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of mental illnesses, substance abuse, developmental needs, and age appropriate competencies.
- Uses equipment safely and appropriately in activities (exercise equipment, crafts, game equipment, office machines, etc.)
- Demonstrates basic skills with word processing and computer use.
- Demonstrates ability to apply appropriate recreation therapy (or related field) principles and techniques to individuals worked with; includes age-appropriate and diagnosis-appropriate assessment, interventions, and outcomes.
- Demonstrates cost-effectiveness in purchasing and use of supplies/resources.
- Monitor patient needs, assess current needs and strengths, link patient to additional community resources.
- Maintain working relationships and act as a liaison for patient with medical staff and staff of agencies and institutions, homes, and facilities.
- Encourage and assist patients toward independent living and a sense of self-esteem.
- Maintain Meridian Health Services standards, policies, procedures, and regulations in accordance with local, state and federal laws and with ethical standards of profession.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Psychology, Recreation Therapy, or other related discipline.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Certification (NCTRC), or related field equivalency is PREFERRED but not required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.