Improvement Advisor (Practice Transformation)
Together with our partners, Comagine Health works to improve health and create a better health care system so that people and communities will flourish.
As a trusted, neutral party, we work with our partners to fix key, intractable health and health care delivery problems. In all our engagements and initiatives, we draw upon our deep expertise in quality improvement, care management, health information technology, analytics, and research and evaluation.
An integral part of the Systemwide Quality Improvement (SQI) division at Comagine Health, the Improvement Advisor provides consulting and technical assistance to a variety of health care and community stakeholders. SQI encompasses a broad portfolio of contracts and grants, organized into three primary service lines (practice transformation, patient safety and community engagement) serving clients including federal and state governments and private institutions. The SQI team includes quality improvement and public health experts who apply their skills to improve the delivery of health care across a variety of settings.
Guided by the organization’s values, the Improvement Advisor contributes to achieving Comagine Health’s mission and vision through their contributions on one or more project teams. This individual will join teams working on community and practice-based quality improvement initiatives and requires experience specific to quality improvement in the community and outpatient practice setting.
A successful candidate may reside in Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon state
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
Consultation and Delivery of Technical Assistance
- Collaborate with internal team members as well as external partners/stakeholders to improve health care delivery systems, processes, and outcomes efficiently and effectively
- Provide coaching on data collection, interpretation, and utilization to drive performance improvement
- Design and implement quality improvement interventions based on evidence-based and best practices
- Contribute to development and maintenance of quality improvement templates, tools, and other materials
- Provide health care consulting and technical assistance via face-to-face, telephone, video conference or other formats to a variety of stakeholders
- Document recruitment, technical assistance, and other activities in CRM and other technology solutions; maintains personal proficiency and supports peers in leveraging system capabilities for contacts, accounts, memberships, and relationships in everyday work
- Partner with team members across projects with the goal of finding synergies between and collaborating across related goals and contracts and meeting the needs of the community
Training and Subject Matter Expertise
- Continually develop basic to intermediate subject matter expertise on relevant topic areas such as practice management, patient safety, population health, etc.
- Design and implement learning collaboratives, learning and action networks, and other broad-scale delivery of quality improvement education and training
Stakeholder Engagement and Convening
- Conduct recruitment for QI initiatives, including outreach to providers and other organizations, creating, and managing recruitment plans and using data to target recruitment efforts
- Convene multiple interdisciplinary stakeholders to build consensus, shared vision, and action plans that contribute to the achievement of bold aims of health care and health improvement and population health initiatives
- Represents Comagine Health to clients and stakeholders, including associations, community partners, etc.
- Convene and facilitate meetings for training, stakeholder engagement, and coalition-building
- Coordinate with stakeholder professional associations, coalitions, community organizations and others to share information about project activity, plan joint initiatives, and leverage opportunities to share resources, best practices, and lessons learned to achieve improvement in health care delivery systems, processes, and outcomes
- Track project activities, including executing assigned tasks and/or phases of a project plan; monitor deployment of interventions to ensure program effectiveness, and report on progress to team lead
- As needed, under close oversight of SQI leadership, take on additional project management responsibilities
- Lead a project team and be accountable for the successful performance and meeting of contract deliverables and evaluation measures while utilizing a strategic approach and supporting the creation of well-defined program plans that balance contract deliverables and the true intent of the work to ensure that the mission and vision of Comagine Health are advanced
- Prepare reports of project progress to share with SQI leadership and contract officers/funders
What would make you a strong fit for our role:
- Experience engaging the community and outpatient practices in health care quality improvement initiatives (required)
- Excellent understanding of quality improvement concepts, tools, and techniques and how to apply them as an independent coach or part of a team
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple simultaneous tasks in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of quality improvement methods and tools
- Familiarity with health care terminology
- Familiarity with health care clinical and operational workflows
- Proficiency with project management concepts (e.g. project plans)
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Microsoft Teams (Preferred)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with videoconference technology (e.g. Zoom)
Core Competencies Include:
- Personal Attribute (Flexibility, Integrity, Work Ethic)
- Relationship Skills (Teamwork, Customer Focus, Sharing Knowledge)
- Operating Skills (Managing Multiple Priorities, Status Reports, Understanding Roles and Responsibilities)
- Strategic Skills (Advocate for Project, Conceptual Thinking,)
- Functional Skills (Presentation Skills, Technical Skills, Managing meetings)
- Personal Development (Ability to learn new skills)
- BA/BS in a health care, public health, or related field (required)
- MA/MS in public health, nursing, health care administration, public policy, or any other related field (preferred)
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in related field may be substituted
- 4 years of experience in health care, including quality improvement in health care settings
- 2 years of project management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of health care reform initiatives/environment.
Portland, Oregon, United States