Manager of IT Operations
Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America Req #1577
We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Director, Information Technology (IT) Operations in the development and execution of a comprehensive centralized technical analysis and technical infrastructure for the organization. The Manager of IT Operations will lead a highly talented team of multi-disciplinary resources that are responsible for the technology help desk; systems; and network for the organization. The Manager of IT Operations must be capable of drawing sound conclusions; interpret and follow detailed and precise written and oral instructions; prepare clear, complete and concise reports for review; supervise, evaluate, and train assigned staff; and have the ability to work well and effectively communicate with people of various professional, vocational and educational backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management over the centralized System and Network team and Technical Help Desk employed by the Company to include the review of any technical strategies, designs, and implementations, various initiatives and ensure adherence to the short and longer-term technical roadmap.
- Provide strong technical background, project management skills, and related abilities to facilitate and execute multidiscipline projects and teams in accomplishing corporate goals and objectives.
- Adhere to department and corporate strategy provided by Senior Leadership.
- Assist in the creation of department strategy through collaboration with Senior Leadership on research, planning, resource management, and reviewing technical and operational roadmaps.
- Alignment of department and corporate strategy and lead analytics, identify or evaluate alternatives, define, and implement proposed changes through process design with cause and effect on overall systems.
- Planning, coordinating, and monitoring the progress of technology projects to ensure their ongoing alignment with business goal through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Coordinates with the Project/Technical/Resource Managers and participates in project planning and assists with project and budget schedules, planning, and tracking.
- Establish, maintain, and promote consistent methodology for standards and provide operational and analytical improvements for validation of process flows, compliance, and audits.
- Build, manage, and energize team members with a proven focus on delivering business results with excellent customer service.
- Provide leadership for IT in making effective and efficient use of financial resources through business and financial plans, and ability to implement standard practices in business administration, management, human resources, and GAAP.
- Ensure proper management of the teams’ fiscal activities; assists in the development of budget; manages contracts; establishes and maintains procedures and systems for accurate and timely reporting on fiscal activities.
- Engages in team and department resource planning and work models, performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers to solve operational technology issues related to systems, network, or help desk.
- Effectively communicate questions, discrepancies, or issues to Management for immediate resolution.
- Create and establish collaborative and interactive work efforts and projects in support of business and technical configuration efforts.
- Develop tools and programs to support daily management activities ensuring that system and network changes and daily operations are implemented correctly and effectively.
- Create, implement, or support all systems and network management policies and procedures.
- Create technical policies and procedures, and works as, or with, a Project Manager on project cost, resource estimation, tasking, and timely project completion.
- Manage and continuously improve the processes for the organizations’ incident management system providing timely service level agreements (SLA) with internal and external departments/vendors.
- Leverage database technologies to create data analytics and reporting in order to gather, review and prepare statistical data in such a manner as to recommend operational changes using technology. For example, compiling charts, tables or graphs to demonstrate Return on Investment (ROI) or efficiency gains.
- Manage a centralized technical infrastructure for a systems and network team that creates, modifies, and updates systems and network changes in support of operational business decisions.
- Create and establish data driven analytics oversight of the organizations technical infrastructure and activities to ensure accurate and effective system and network operation.
- Establish, assist, or monitor technical and business audits of the technical infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, operational processing, security, or related business and technical needs.
- Ensure that system and network changes are recorded for historical purposes, integrated with the company change management, and executed in accordance with business design and requirements.
- Manage documentation and test services over assigned functional areas to ensure successful change management to include but not limited to new system or application implementations; upgrades; or decommissioning.
- Analyzes proposed changes of product or process design to determine effect on overall system; business impact; or human resources; and coordinates recording of modifications for change management control.
- Responsible for training staff on technology software or hardware to include but not limited to policies, procedures, operations, and oversight.
- In coordination with department and business leaders, analyze and elicit process improvement opportunities through software automation while assisting business disciplines to mature through standard operational practices.
- Manage and engage in analytical situations, identify or evaluate alternatives, define or implement technical or manual solutions within standard to meet the needs of the organization’s operations.
- Create and maintain a technology Help Desk team to provide initial intake, level one and two desktop, peripheral, and other technical equipment support and troubleshooting, and closure of all organizational user service requests
- Provides escalated technical support that requires an on-site presence (server, NAS, network or PC equipment failure), including data backup recovery. Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations in cooperation with the Enterprise Helpdesk and in accordance with established SLAs.
- Responsible for new office setups, office expansions, copier and printers, and related technical equipment. This includes relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications, LAN and PC equipment.
- Manage the organizations first response within the technology service management system and establish service level agreements (SLA) with internal and external departments to ensure timely resolution of help desk problems.
- Leverage Active Directory for the organization access control system to maintain a sound security and control policy for user access.
- Manage and perform audits in the following areas: user management; user security; license management; asset management; and physical security.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree Preferred) in Computer Science, Business Management, or related field from an accredited school or equivalent or ten (10) years progressive experience in a business or technology leadership position for a medium to large size organization.
Experience may be substituted on a year by year basis.
Position is suited for a mid-level to advanced career management person.
Possession of valid driver’s license and proof of State required auto liability insurance. Required Travel Up to 15%
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.