PHYSICIAN - FAMILY (RURAL)
Job Locations: US-AK-Wrangell
Job ID 2021-5504
Type Regular Full-Time/80hrs (1.0 FTE)
SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The Rural Family Practice Physician provides comprehensive family medicine services within the scope of training and experience to people of all ages and genders. In addition, depending upon the needs of the particular community, the Rural Physician participates in shared after- hours emergency call coverage. Medical care provided is consistent with SEARHC policy and procedure, Medical Staff Bylaws, and nationally recognized medical standards of care.
- Provides comprehensive primary care including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, minor procedures, coordination of care, referral, preventative care, and health maintenance to a dedicated panel of patients.
- Participates fully in shared local urgent/emergent care on-call rotation.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of services in accordance with SEARHC policy.
- Provides optimal patient experience using strong listening and communication skills that build long term patient care relationships.
- Actively participates in SEARHC quality patient care initiatives and quality assurance
- Actively participates in provider and clinic meetings, and SEARHC medical staff functions.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- State of Alaska Medical License as an MD or DO
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics. If Board Eligible, at the time of hire, must be Board Certified within 3 years of start date
- Maintains active unrestricted DEA registration
- Maintains active SEARHC medical staff privileges
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS within one year of start date
- ALSO training preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Well versed in the principles and practices of primary care
- Is aware of standards of care, EMTALA, HIPAA, health care risk management principles, medical ethics, and medical malpractice principles
- Provides high quality health care services including the performance of medical procedures appropriate to the outpatient and emergency care setting
- Provides clinical leadership, promotes teamwork and collaboration, provides clinical guidance as requested for midlevel providers, and resolves conflict
- Ability to efficiently utilize the electronic medical record and other clinically required technology
- Express ideas clearly through oral and written communication skills, analyze complex situations efficiently and problem solve, and effectively implement clinical program strategies
- Communicates in an open, respectful, helpful, supportive and collaborative manner with staff and patients
Contact Kathy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at link below