As one of the fastest growing community health centers in the region, Valley View Health Center offers primary medical, dental, behavioral health, telehealth, and pharmacy services, with a focus on integrated health care service delivery.
Valley View Health Center can attribute continued organizational and financial growth to the leadership, and expertise of the Management Team. In 2016 our Dental Director was inducted into The International College of Dentists and our Behavioral Health Director’s work on the integration of behavioral health and primary care is held as a model for health care integration nationwide.
The mission of Valley View Health Center is to improve the health and well-being of the community by providing quality and compassionate health care services in a patient-centered atmosphere, respecting individual and cultural diversity. To this end, Valley View Health Center has continually sought to meet the health care needs of the community through increased access to care, staff development and financial accountability.
Download & print out our Employment Application
Resumes and applications should be submitted to HR@vvhc.org
Job Classification: Information Technology (IT) Director
Reports to: CAO
Supervises: IT Department Personnel
Last reviewed: 07/08/2021
The primary responsibility for the IT Director is to provide leadership and expertise in the planning, implementation, security, communication, and proper use of the technology at Valley View Health Center. The IT Director is also responsible to oversee and participate in the day-to-day functions of the IT department and its support of all business systems. This person is also responsible for the technical and adminstrative oversight of the IT department including training new staff, disciplining, conducting introductory and yearly evaluations, and developing employee schedules.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar degree.
Licensure/Certification: Applicable professional qualifications, such as Microsoft, or Cisco certification. Valid Current Driver’s License
- Four or more years’ experience working in Information Technology and/or Project Management.
- Four or more years’ experience in a supervisory/ management level position.
- One or more years’ experience in healthcare service.
- Experience with IT services performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Experience with IT risk management and security.
- Experience with IT infrastructure, systems analysis, and operations best practices.
- Experience in Help Desk management and desktop Support.
- Reads, speaks, understands, and writes proficiently in English.
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing, including the ability to communicate technical information both orally and in writing to people at varying technical levels.
- Relates and interacts with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Requires a high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Supports, motivates, and sustains a team-oriented culture.
- Delegates work, sets expectations, and monitors activities of subordinate staff appropriately.
- Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems as it relates to the healthcare field.
- Ability to solve business issues creatively and cost-effectively.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network, and computer operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network infrastructure.
- Extensive application support experience.
- Strong, proven computer proficiency in order to manage business software applications.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products required.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of human resources management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Knowledge working with a variety of information systems and data files including large and complex files; analyze file structure, issue and create file layouts, and transform raw data into finished products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven optimal resource management and cost-effective initiative.
- Skill in supervising staff at multiple sites.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
Physical demands: Ability to physically perform the functions of the job including sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, bending, and reaching with or without reasonable accommodation.
Status Classification: Salary/Exempt
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Leads and is accountable for all local IT service delivery and IT infrastructure.
B. Develops specific IT departmental goals, standards and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
C. Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, completing introductory & annual evaluations, and providing guidance & discipline. Partners with the HR Department regarding employment termination. Develops the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, offices, new projects and technologies, and varying staff strengths.
D. Develops and maintains IT policies, standing operating procedures, and procedures; including those for security, disaster recovery, back up, remote access, purchasing, system maintenance & updates, service provision, end user IT training, and other identified IT processes.
E. Oversees and ensures the security of Valley View Health Center’s IT infrastructure as the Security Officer.
- Works in collaboration with HIPAA Privacy Officer/Corporate Compliance Officer (CAO) in implementing and maintaining all HIPAA rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Ensures that a Security Risk Assessment is conducted annually in partnership with the CAO.
- Manages day-to-day operations of entire IT infrastructure including corporate network, data, email, phone, voice, and desktops. Ensures all planned, periodic upgrades, and equipment replacement is properly coordinated to reduce clinical interruptions.
- Performs periodic review of internal/external network security protocols and user access rights to prevent unauthorized users from accessing confidential files.
- Performs periodic integrity testing of systems including access, recovery, and utilization monitoring.
F. Provides expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
G. Prepares and manages department budget.
H. Collaborates with the end-users and management to ensure the alignment of IT infrastructure and systems with company objectives and strategy.
- Communicates with management team and dyad partners.
- Maintains a positive working environment.
- Works with subordinates to collect data in most efficient and effective manner.
- Provides the highest levels of service delivery: reporting, systems availability, security, response time and recovery from problems.
I. Maintains and oversees hardware, software, warranties & support licensing, and contracts. Standards:
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Makes recommendations/decisions on new hardware and software purchases including upgrades, expansion, and replacements.
- Coordinates installation and setup of all new hardware and software throughout the organization utilizing project management structure.
- Maintains the role as primary contact with all vendors/manufacturers and provides an interface between them and staff.
- Facilitates relationship and workflow with vendors for hardware & software infrastructure maintenance, communication system maintenance (including managed services, helpdesk, phones, e-mail, and internet connectivity).
J. Defines performance benchmarks for IT infrastructure. Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
K. Supervises and, when necessary, provides end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Supervises and provides support for installing and maintaining desktop computer hardware, including computers, monitors, printers, modems, internal cards, and other computer equipment.
- Review, prioritize, and process problem reports; document the progress of projects.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and troubleshooting in the resolution of system communications failures and conflicts.
- Escalates issues to Tier 2/3 engineering and the Network Operations Center (NOC) effectively and on a timely basis.
- Responds or delegates response to after-hours system problem calls.
- Travel to organization locations as needed.
L. IT Department leader for emergency preparedness and disaster recovery of IT systems.
M. Performs other related duties as assigned. Standards:
- Follows guidelines established at time of assignment.
- Accepts assignments willingly.
- Prioritizes workload to ensure timely completion of assignment.
- Asks appropriate clarifying questions relative to scope of assignment.