LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER / BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Highland Park, CA North Hollywood, CA Sunland, CA
Comprehensive Community Health Centers (CCHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides medical, dental and mental health services to the underserved in the metropolitan Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley areas. Providing excellent health care services to those that would otherwise not have access to care is at the heart of everything we do. When looking for people to join our team, it is important that we find skilled professionals who share our passion for providing excellent care to the underserved. Please read through our mission statement to see if CCHC is a team you’d like to join.
Our team takes pride in helping the underserved. We look forward to hearing how you will contribute to our mission!
Provide psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as discharge planning to and consultation about patients and families to assist them and the health care team in coping with patient's hospitalization, illness, diagnosis, treatment, and/or life situation, including emotional, mental, and substance abuse disorders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate assessment of mental health and psycho-social issues of patients referred by Clinic PCPs.
- Provide psychosocial assessments with patients and families to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and challenges related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment and/or life situation.
- Screen patients using evidence based screening tools and develop a person centered care plan.
- Assume role of behavioral health consultant to health care team members, as needed, and maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care (e.g., advanced directives, mandated reporting).
- Help patients and families identify barriers that interfere with health care needs and provide education around these issues to increase patient and family access to services and adaptation to illness and life situation which will support patients in meting behavioral health goals.
- Document all assessments, interventions and treatment plans appropriately and according to departmental, clinic and payer guidelines.
- Contribute to a team approach promoting and supporting integration between Primary Care and Behavioral Health. Participate in multi-disciplinary health care teams, representing clinical social work perspective.
- Maintain working knowledge and relationship with community resources.
- Participate in regular supervisory conferences; keep current with social work and health care developments and seek to enhance job related developments.
- Perform other duties assigned by Medical Director.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in social work from an accredited University, LCSW required.
- Two or more years of social work experience in a health care setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid knowledge of clinical social work practice, with an emphasis on mental health and substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
- Excellent assessment and brief intervention skills.
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously in a self- directed role, as well as collaboratively and under supervision.
- Flexibility, ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced primary health care environment serving a diverse population and age group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with electronic medical record systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Display genuine respect for others and acceptance of social, religious, sexual, and cultural preferences.
- Bilingual Spanish or Armenian preferred.
- Ability to find solutions when barriers are identified.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when needed.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience and work ethics that supports working within a high functioning, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work under supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills reflecting clarity and diplomacy and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a regulatory climate that includes oversight of state and federal entities, payer contracts etc.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their individual social and cultural traits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to travel and attend professional meetings, conferences, trainings and clinic sites.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position requires prolonged sitting at a computer, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, photocopy machine, telephone, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight.
NOTE: The essential job functions for this position include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential functions of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others.
Highland Park, CA North Hollywood, CA Sunland, CA
Visit our careers page to learn more: https://cchccenters.org/get-involved/join-our-team
Follow us: Facebook Instagram