We appreciate your interest in our organization and assure you that we are sincerely interested in your qualifications. A clear understanding of your background and work history will help us potentially place you in a position that meets your objectives and those of the organization. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, or any related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, gender expression, military status, or the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability (mental or physical).
Our Mission.. Kern Health Systems is dedicated to improving the health status of our members through an integrated managed health care delivery system.
General Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Project Management, the Program Manager oversees the execution of large-scale strategic programs with multiple project tracks that can span multiple years. The Program Manager is responsible for planning, governance and overseeing the successful delivery of a program’s output / product. Specific focus in the next 3 to 5 years would be for leading state-directed programs.
Duties: Accountable for on time, on budget and on scope delivery of large-scale programs over their entire life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must have a mastery of advanced project management skills and the ability to mentor other Project Managers. Expected to support the Director’s portfolio oversight responsibilities by understanding the Portfolio Management discipline and a proficiency level for managing a sub-portfolio within the overall company portfolio.
- Daily program and/or project management throughout the program life cycle.
- Defining the program governance (controls).
- Planning the overall program and monitoring progress.
- Managing the program’s budget.
- Managing risks, issues and interdependencies and taking corrective actions.
- Monitoring and controlling the execution of the program and/or project for the successful delivery of the scope, schedule, budget, goals and benefits of the program.
- Overseeing and utilizing people resources across projects.
- Managing stakeholders’ communications and reporting.
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s defined outcome.
- Managing program and/or project deliverables to include:
- Program and/or project charter, scope statement, requirements, work breakdown structure, resource loaded schedule, budget, communication plans, RAID log, etc.
- Collaboratively works with project owners to support development of project proposals (new project ideas) that support the program portfolio with goals and anticipated benefits.
- Collaboratively works with Project Owners and Finance to support development of Return on Investment (ROI) models as needed that support the program portfolio.
- Adheres to standardized program/project management and Agile methodologies.
- Builds, develops and nurtures business and technical relationships vital to the success of the program.
- Oversees the work of assigned project managers and provides mentorship in all aspects of project management including leadership methodology.
- Drives program change impacts assessments and engages for the portfolio change control board processes.
- Conducts program-related presentations at varying audience levels (based on Business needs) and demonstrates a mastery for presentations at higher leadership levels.
- Effectively drives Discovery activities (with Agile methods applied) for decomposition of work breakdown at the Leadership and Team levels. Can mentor project managers in all aspects of Discovery skill sets.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Good knowledge and handling of project, program and portfolio management methodology and techniques.
- Healthcare/payor knowledge
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program and connection to business strategy.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Ability to easily navigate an organization.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) required; PgMP Certification a plus.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other related business field from an accredited college or university, AND ten (10) years of project management including at least 2 (years) of program management experience required.
Fourteen (14) years of project management including at least 2 (years) of program management experience required.
- Possession of a valid California Drivers’ License and proof of valid State required liability insurance. Required Travel up to 10%.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis.