Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Physician
Functions independently and in collaboration with Clinic physicians in the delivery of cardiac health care. Assesses, interprets, and integrates findings to determine appropriate diagnostic, educational and therapeutic management plans for individuals with cardiac illness and disease. Utilizes leadership and professional development skills to assure quality patient care and medical practice. Performs other duties as assigned.
Helpful and polite individual with a current CA license to practice medicine as a Nurse Practitioner. BLS certification. Must possess strong communication, organizational, leadership skills; have an ability to analyze, plan, and coordinate medical care while making appropriate medical decisions.
- Accepts personal responsibility for the promotion of teamwork, professional conduct, communication, organizational commitment, work habits, job knowledge, attendance and appearance. Possesses the ability to handle conflict and adapt to change.
- Knowledge of cardiac health and related diagnostic and treatment modalities.
- Skill in communication with patients and families regarding health issues.
- Skill in performing a complete history and physical exam and recognition of abnormal findings.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Requires full range of motion, frequent standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- Should be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Involves exposure to communicable diseases, medical preparations, toxic substances and other conditions common to clinical environments.
- Results Orientation-Meets current objectives and positions the organization for future growth. Completes daily tasks and assignments and processes large volumes of work associated with the operation of the department.
- Builds positive relationships based on respect for others. Demonstrates a helpful attitude. Maintains effective communication with medical staff, peers, patients, and families.
- Meets and succeeds expectations of internal and external customers. All organizational and departmental standards regarding quality of performance are met. Participates in quality improvement programs as directed.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to confidentiality.
- Performs all work in strict compliance with the clinic's Compliance Plan. Reports any activity believed to be a compliance issue to the Chief Operating Officer without fear of adverse action being taken against them as the result of such a report.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to safety and legal
- Requirements established at the clinic with an emphasis on maintaining a safe environment for all persons within the facility.
- Complies with relevant regulations and standards and policies governing the work place Policies and Procedure, Handbook, OSHA, IAC, etc.)
- Follows professional guidelines outlining standards of attendance and punctuality. Responsible for reporting and completing work at assigned times.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs medical services within the scope of education, training, and experience including:
- Conducting patient visits per accepted practice standards
- Obtaining patient histories and performing physical examinations
- Ordering and evaluating appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies
- Developing and implementing a treatment plan in accordance with clinical practice guidelines and protocols
- Monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic intervention, assessing and managing patient follow - up care
- Works independently and in collaboration with the physicians. Seeks and obtains input from physicians regarding questions and issues pertaining to the treatment and/or care of patients as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Documents in the medical record all care or contact with the patient, whether in person or over the phone.
- Personally reviews and signs off on all lab and diagnostic studies ordered.
- Assists in the development of clinical and practice guidelines. Works closely with the Physician and peers in development of clinical standards, objectives, safety, education and utilization of clinical personnel, quality assurance, utilization of supplies and equipment, and maintenance and improvement of clinical policies and procedures.
- Communicates with patients by telephone including answering patient questions and concerns according to protocol, discussing medication refills, scheduling follow-up appointments or further work-u p, and discussing results of lab studies or x-rays.
- Teaches and promotes practices to improve or maintain health to patients and families.
- Acts as a role model and in selected situations precepts clinical staff and other advanced practice health care professionals.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of patients and families, and other health care professionals including educational presentations.
- At all times when engaged in professional activities will wear a nametag identifying himself/herself as a Nurse Practitioner. Makes patients clearly aware at all times whether they are being cared for by a physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- Performs all duties and functions in strict compliance of the clinic's Compliance Plan, and all applicable federal, state, local, and regulatory agencies.
- Exhibits knowledge of evaluation and management (E&M) coding guidelines, and demonstrates appropriate application of those guidelines as evidenced by accurate E&M coding.
- Exhibits awareness of managed care and health plan requirements in respect to prescription formularies, precertification requirements for lab or diagnostic tests, participating facilities, and medical necessity criteria. Utilizes appropriate health and medical resources to coordinate treatment plans for patient per requirements of the managed care plans where applicable.
- Participates in the team approach to cardiac health care as adapted by this practice that includes some overlap of medical, nursing, and business aspects.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for time management, professional relationships, and interpersonal interactions within the job setting.
- Maintains and enhances current level of knowledge and ability relative to cardiac health care and health care delivery in the private practice setting.
- Maintains continuing education requirements necessary for licensure and certifications. Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations.
- Performs other duties personally identified as needing to be done or as assigned.
Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org