Network Security Analyst
Community Health Group is a locally based non-profit health plan that ensures access to high quality, culturally sensitive health care for underserved communities throughout San Diego County. We treat our 300-member, multi-lingual staff like family, encouraging an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork, continuous learning, personal growth, and promotion from within. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in San Diego, CHG offers its employees such benefits as tuition reimbursement, a meditation room and yoga classes, a monthly Breakfast With The CEO, and memorable events throughout the year.
We know that by serving our employees well, they, in turn, will better serve our nearly 300,000+ membership. We have been recognized consistently for the excellence and sensitivity of our customer service by members, physicians, vendors, and a full range of health care providers. We are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and proud of our continuing company-wide Quality Initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for:
TITLE: Network Security Analyst
Plan, research, and design security procedures for servers, networking switches, PC’s and peripherals. Ensures their CHG’s information systems and computer networks are secure.
Develops policies and procedures on how company employees will use information systems and networks. Investigates security breaches, develops strategies for any security issues that arise and utilizes the help of firewalls and antivirus software to maintain security.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
Works closely with all departments necessary to ensure that the processes, programs, and services are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with CHG policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations including all CMS and/or Medicare Part D and Special Needs Plan (SNP).
- Research, design, and oversee implementation of information technology, systems, and policies for information security in support of business needs.
- Ensure the integrity of host computers, databases and ensures secure data transfers.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks; audit network security system to identify and protect areas of vulnerability.
- Communicate intrusions and compromises to the Chief Information Officer and applicable regulatory agencies.
- Maintain existing capabilities and implement appropriate up-to-date security technologies to support day-to-day operations.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files and contribute to building security architecture.
- Monitor Intrusion Detection Systems for potential, successful and unsuccessful intrusion attempts.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with internal users in business terms.
- Assist with the implementation, monitoring, and managing Advance Security Technologies: SIEM, Firewalls, IPS, and other security-related devices.
- Assist with the planning, design, and troubleshooting of local and wide area network infrastructure, including routers, switches, gateways, DNS servers, DHCP Servers, Clustering solutions, and related hardware, software, and services.
- Comply with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, continuous quality improvement, safety, and environmental policies and standards; enhance professional growth and development; attend meetings as required; perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- BA degree in health care information technology, computer science or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Security +
- ISC Certifications: SSCP, CISSP
- Cisco Certifications: CCNA RS/Security, CCNP RS/Security
- Checkpoint Certifications: CCSPA, CCSA
- 3 years of relative experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Security Operations Center, Network Support center, or Incident Response center experience.
- Experience with Checkpoint advances security solutions: IPS, IDS, FW, and VPN.
- Experience with routing protocols, switching, encryption, DNS, and content delivery solutions.
- Operational knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash, and Powershell)
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting in a heterogeneous operating environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors, and peers.
- Experience analyzing logs for security breaches.
- Team player required: must be able to interact with peers, management, and senior engineers in a constantly evolving environment to ensure a positive customer experience and atmosphere
- Proficient skills in Windows Desktop operating system (XP/7), hardware and software configurations, client to server technology, cabling and network topology, Windows servers ( 2003/2008),
- Basic knowledge in database server administration, server virtualization, and consolidated storage technologies.
- Attention to detail with the ability to QA.
- Current, valid California Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance.
- May be required to work evenings, early mornings, on-call, and weekends.
- Some driving may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
Community Health Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on any protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and trainings. Community Health Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, see Personnel Policy 3101 Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action .
Community Health Group has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.