Vice President of Finance
Requisition ID2021-5631,br />
Department Name Administration
Shift Day Daily
Shift Hours 8
Located in the heart of Washington, we enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert. We are the proud home of orchards, farms, and small communities. Confluence Health actively supports the communities we serve and their quality of life through our community support program and through our individual efforts as involved community members.
Full Time Employees of Confluence Health receive a wide range of benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift Differential
For more information on our Benefits & Perks, click here!
Confluence Health is the largest health care system located in North Central Washington. Confluence health has annual net revenues of approximately $750 million per year, 3,500 employees, a 176 and 20 bed hospital, approximately 300 physicians and 150 advance practice clinicians, and 12 outpatient clinic sites. The Vice President of Finance reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for overseeing the accounting and budget functions for Confluence Health. These functions include accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting, budget, reimbursement and cost accounting, and financial system support. This position also requires working closely with the executive team, senior leadership team, operational managers, IT, Wenatchee Valley Medical Group and revenue cycle.
Position Reports To: Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure that the Finance departments strategy and vision support organizational goals
- Develop and implement effective policies and procedures
- Monitor and report department performance based on established KPI’s
- Development, coaching and mentoring of the Finance departments management team
- Ensure compliance with regulatory rules and guidelines including but not limited to IRS, CMS and grants
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with Infor Cloud Suite Financials (CSF) and Kaufman Hall/Syntellis Axiom platform preferred
- Requires excellent organizational and project management skills
- Process redesign to promote optimized resource utilization and improved performance
- Strong communication skills
- Oversight of payroll, accounts payable, budget and cost accounting and financial system support
- Oversight of annual cost reports, wage index reviews, occupational mix surveys and S-10 audits
- Review of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of 401(k) discretionary and incentive compensation estimates
- Oversight of annual audits for Confluence Health and Wenatchee Valley Medical Group including A-133 audits and employee benefit audits
- Oversight of regulatory audits including Department of Revenue and Medicare
- Oversight of annual tax return preparation for Confluence Health as well as estimated tax payments for Wenatchee Valley Medical Group and tax return preparation
- Monitoring of contracts to ensure compliance with accounting standards and IRS regulations
- Member of Capital Committee, Facilities Committee, Disaster Preparedness Committee and Financial Systems Steering Committee
- Provide education related to financial reporting and budgeting within the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
For employees working on site at any CH location, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an essential requirement.
- 7 years management experience with 5 years senior level (director or above) administrative experience.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Masters’ or Bachelors’ degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, or related field with seven years relevant leadership experience.
- 5 years finance experience in healthcare.
- Experience with Infor CSF and Kaufman Hall/Syntellis Axiom software.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.
Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking – O
- Sitting/Standing – F
- Reaching: Shoulder Height – O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height – O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height – O
- Climbing – O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less – O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less – O
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less – O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds – O
- Crawling/Kneeling – O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching – O
- Twisting/Turning – O
- Repetitive Movement - O
Office setting with extended periods of sitting and working at a computer station. Minimal travel is required between hospital and offsite business office locations.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Hourly/Salary: Salary
Physical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights – No
- Heat – No
- Cold – No
- Hazardous Substances – No
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential – No
- Lighting – No
- Noise – No
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation – No
- Infectious Diseases - No