Registered Nurse Manager - Richmond #1512
Department: 001787 WAY ADDICTIONS PROGRAM
Location: Richmond, IN
We're looking for a Passionate, Dedicated Professional ready to make a difference in our patients' lives. You're looking for a Great Place to Work with Excellent Benefits and Competitive Pay -- This is Our Opportunity to rise by lifting others!
Text RNM1512 to (765)523-4622 for Quick Apply!
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Residential Nurse Manager (RN) for our Addictions and Recovery Center located in Richmond, Indiana. As part of the leadership team, this position is responsible for day to day management of nursing staff, directing and developing staff, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staff in the provision of care to unit clients. The Nurse Manager assists to ensure the appropriate admission, assessment, treatment and discharge of residential clients in conjunction with referral sources, community agencies, family and collateral contacts, etc. This position also helps to manage key relationships internal and external to the organization, and shares responsibility for effective budgetary management of unit. Work hours are 8a to 5p with occasional after hours supervision with staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities assigned may include:
- Will provide nursing management and leadership for 24 hour a day, seven day a week residential based operation, consistent with the goals and policies of the organization
- Responsible for developing, distributing, and implementing nursing staff work hours, based off of operational needs.
- Recruits, interviews and recommends quality nursing candidates for employment
- Ensures thorough orientation of nursing staff to procedures and best practices, organization policies, and customer service principles
- Ensures identification of staff education needs, annually develops staff education program to meet those needs
- Ensures shift to shift staff level and task assignments to provide effective care, meeting client needs with an awareness of budget parameters
- Ensures provision of timely and compassionate residential client care
- Ensures effective communication among staff and between disciplines
- Utilizes interpersonal skills, role modeling, customer feedback and disciplinary process appropriately to ensure staff performance
- Ensure timely completion of assessments, documentation and treatment plans
Organizational Responsibilities assigned may include:
- Reviews developments in best practices and standards of care and recommends policies and procedures to maintain quality of care, and ensures compliance with federal, and state regulations and certification standards
- Develops position descriptions for nursing staff, in coordination with Human Resources
- Participates in organization wide performance improvement activities
- Assists in credentialing process for supervised staff
- Effectively collaborates with executive, operations, medical and management staff to facilitate quality care and solve problems
- Ensure supervision of any nursing students present on the unit
- Responsible for evaluation, development and implementation of organization’s infection control program
- Responsible for evaluation, development and implementation of organization’s medication policies
Budgetary Responsibilities assigned may include:
- Ensures effective staffing of unit in areas of responsibility
- Recommend safe and effective budgeted staffing levels
- Utilize staff resources to meet budget goals and maintain effective and safe care of clients
- Ensure sufficient nursing staff and support personnel to provide efficient nursing care consistent with each residential client’s treatment plan
- Makes recommendations regarding equipment, physical plant, programming, etc.
Clinical Responsibilities assigned may include:
- Works as floor staff when needed to ensure adequate staffing
- Ensures client assessment and nursing input into the treatment planning process, including nursing goals and interventions, consistent with client age specific needs
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for clients and families, that is conducive to the recovery process
- Maintains awareness of client and staff safety at all times and report client safety concerns
- Makes regular residential client care rounds and anticipates customer’s needs and problems
- Assesses the effectiveness of nursing care; assigns duties and delegate responsibilities to unit nursing personnel according to their job descriptions
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Must be an RN licensed in Indiana or eligible to become licensed in Indiana
- Demonstrated clinical competency in treatment of residential detox, addictions & recovery
- Ability to exercise both clinical and managerial judgment and decision making as needed
- Supervisory and residential experience preferred
- Detox experience preferred
- Unique Mission – Innovative leader in integrated care and whole person health
- Excellent Health, dental, vision plans
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Very generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, TB test, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required of all Meridian employees. All individuals who join Meridian are required to have a flu shot and Covid vaccination to further protect our staff and the patients we serve. We also adhere to Covid-related protocol including wearing masks, social distancing, and sanitizing.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.