Job Category: Medical/Nursing
Requisition Number: MDSCO003554
Posted: December 5, 2021
Locations Showing 1 location
The Terraces at Los Altos - a HumanGood community
373 Pine Lane
Los Altos, CA 94022, USA
Under limited supervision, develops, completes, and transmits resident assessments (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and State standards. Applies comprehensive knowledge of MDS processes, performs utilization reviews, and has knowledge of Quality Improvement and Care Planning. Ensures Medicare A and B recipients have the appropriate length of stay and receive the appropriate care. Verifies billing aspects of Medicare are thoroughly documented and reimbursed as appropriate.
- Prepares MDS schedule in coordination with Resident Records and coordinates completion of the MDS with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Audits completed MDS and reviews validation reports to track errors.
- Consults with Therapy and establishes the most appropriate MDS ARD, consistent with PPS and OBRA regulations.
- Validates RUG classifications and ICD-10 coding through timely and accurate triple check meetings.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of CMS and state regulations, including bulletin updates.
- Facilitates regularly scheduled IDT care plan meetings with residents and family members; follows up on any issues identified during the meeting for resident satisfaction.
- Performs quarterly reviews on each resident and updates care plans as appropriate.
- Provides in-service education for team members in accordance with OBRA and Title 22 guidelines.
- May cover for DON in his/her absence and follows up on consultant recommendations as needed.
- Participates in outside educational programs in order to keep current with evidence-based practices in the field (specifically relating to issues within LTC).
- Develops and maintains professional contacts to network for guest speakers and topics for in-services.
- Assists with Charge Nurse duties when needed.
- Actively engages and participates in the community’s QAPI program.
- Responds to emergency situations, carries out physician orders, and documents the event, interventions, and outcomes.
- Able to work productively and effectively under stressful working conditions such as tight time frames, heavy workloads, or conflicting demands.
- Will build genuine relationships with residents through discussion and review of their history.
- Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, family members, guests, and team members; is clear in communication and handles conflicts appropriately.
- Assists Licensed Nurses and other IDT members as needed.
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and on-call team members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits.
This is a people business, and the most important part of our service to our residents is our Team Members. That’s why we do everything we can to take care of our Team Members first. There’s a lot more to a job than just pay. At HumanGood we offer the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself on top of an incredible package of benefits and perks for our part-time and full-time Team Members that can add up to 40% of your base pay. Check this out:
- 20 paid days off, plus 7 holidays (increases with years of service)
- 401(k) with up to 4% employer match and no waiting on funds to vest
- $25 per line Cell Phone Plan
- Discounts on everyday products and services from more than 5,000 Retailers
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 a year
- Paid Administrator in Training (AIT) Program
- Nationwide Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Team Member Crisis Fund for when the unexpected happens
- Health Savings Accounts (company funded)
- Wellness Incentives
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- Employer-paid long-term disability (LTD)
- Employer-paid term life and AD&D insurance
- Employee-paid term universal life insurance
- 5-star employer-paid employee assistance, patient advocacy, work/life and wellness programs Additional employee-paid benefits available (additional AD&D and term life, accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, legal assistance, pet insurance)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities