Organization: Consolidated Tribal Health Project
Location: Redwood Valley, CA
Date Job Posted: June 1, 2022
Share with Others:
This position provides direct patient care, family practice primary preventive and primary acute,
prenatal and chronic care to the Native American population of Mendocino County.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs patient care full family practice or Pediatrics, primary care, preventive and primary acute,
and chronic care.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, provides on-site day to day clinical supervision of family
practice nurse practitioner and/or PA and medical support staff.
- Monitors Continuous Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists in the development, review and update the Medical Clinic policies, procedures and
- Attends regular medical and other staff meetings.
- Participates in reviewing progress toward meeting overall medical clinic goals and objectives.
- Attends meetings, complete reports, and evaluations as required by IHS.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Medical degree or Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine.
- Board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Valid California Medical Licensure(s).
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certificate.
- Current BLS/CPR/First Aid certification.
Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- One (1) year experience in providing general medical care in a family care setting.
- Experience in community clinic preferred and a strong commitment to multi-disciplinary
- Indian Preference applies to all Consolidated Tribal Health Project (CTHP) positions in
accordance with CTHP Policy and applicable federal law.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains knowledge of healthcare industry and trends, health promotion, and patient services.
- Strong understanding and sensitivity to American Indian/Tribal culture and lifestyle, working
effectively with American Indian/Alaska Native populations.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with sensitivity to lifestyles of targeted participants.
Skills in operating personal computer using a variety of computer software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management,
coworkers, and outside contacts.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and comply with all applicable federal and tribal privacy laws,
as well as CTHP policy (HIPAA, HITECH, etc.).
- Ability to learn and apply program/agency operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
Consolidated offers the following benefits for this position:
- Relocation benefit
- Sign-on bonus structure
- 17 paid holidays in 2022 (plus 1 personal day)
- 9 paid sick days
- 10 paid Covid-19 sick days (Through 9/30/2022)
- Vacation is 15 days per year, 20 days after 3 years.
- 75% of premium is paid by the agency for Medical, Dental and Vision. (Includes family coverage)
- 100% paid short- & long-term disability, group term life insurance
- Waiver of copays for services received at the clinic.
- AFLAC offered
- 401K Safe Harbor contribution of 5%
- Employee assistance program through Concern
- Paid license renewals
- Paid CEU’s
- Other paid training
Visit https://www.cthp.org/careers to learn more and apply