Organization: Consolidated Tribal Health Project
Category: Dental Hygienist
Location: Redwood Valley, CA
Date Job Posted: June 1, 2022
Share with Others:
This position provides a range of clinical services under the direction a staff dentist; such duties
range from routine prophylaxis to periodontal probing and charting, scaling and root planning.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prophylaxis and scaling of patient teeth to remove supragingival and sub gingival deposits of
calculus and disrupting biofilm.
- Sub gingival curettage and root planning for the treatment of periodontal disease.
- Topical application of fluoride gels routinely for all patients, which may incorporate the use of
- Exposing and developing of a variety of x-rays; radiograph frequency is determined by caries
rate of patient and American Dental Association guidelines.
- Charting oral conditions including periodontal probing of pocket depths where indicated.
- Using periodontal evaluation forms to ensure documentation of periodontal status of patient.
- Placing pit and fissure sealants where designated by a dentist’s recommendation.
- Provides chair side instruction in oral hygiene instruction, periodontal disease, nutrition and oral
- Documenting all treatment rendered in patient chart.
- Maintaining sensitivity towards Indian traditions, culture, history and needs.
- Maintaining adequate recall system to incorporate hygiene and periodontal recall at appropriate
interval dependent upon patient needs.
- Responsible for keeping operatory clean, stocked and requesting supply order as needed.
- Providing patient education in oral hygiene, periodontal disease and oral disease prevention,
emphasizing fluorides and sealants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State of California Dental Hygiene License.
- Current valid State of California Dental X-Ray License.
- Two (2) years of experience as a dental hygienist.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Preferred Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Four (4) years of experience as a dental hygienist.
- Indian Preference applies to all Consolidated Tribal Health Project (CTHP) positions in
accordance with CTHP Policy and applicable federal law.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains knowledge of dental industry and trends, health promotion, and patient services.
- Strong understanding and sensitivity to American Indian/Tribal culture and lifestyle, working
effectively with American Indian/Alaska Native populations.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with sensitivity to lifestyles of targeted participants.
- Skills in operating personal computer using a variety of computer software.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management,
coworkers, and outside contacts.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and comply with all applicable federal and tribal privacy laws,
as well as CTHP policy (HIPAA, HITECH, etc.).
- Ability to learn and apply program/agency operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
Consolidated offers the following benefits for this position:
- 17 paid holidays in 2022 (plus 1 personal day)
- 9 paid sick days
- 10 paid Covid-19 sick days (Through 9/30/2022)
- Vacation is 10 days per year, 15 days after 3 years.
- 75% of premium is paid by the agency for Medical, Dental and Vision. (Includes family coverage)
- 100% paid short- & long-term disability, group term life insurance
- Waiver of copays for services received at the clinic.
- AFLAC offered
- 401K Safe Harbor contribution of 5%
- Employee assistance program through Concern
- Paid license renewals
- Paid CEU’s
- Other paid training
Visit https://www.cthp.org/careers to learn more and apply