Title: MRI Technologist, Per Diem
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
FTE Status: Per Diem, Variable, 0.00-1.00 FTE
Location: Bellingham, WA; Mount Vernon, WA
In accordance with Washington State law, Bellingham Advanced Medical Imaging requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All offers are contingent, and your vaccine status will be verified at onboarding.
Who We Are:
Bellingham Advanced Medical Imaging, LLC is dedicated to providing patients and physicians with advanced, sub-specialized expertise and the highest levels of excellence in radiological services. Our staff incorporates the latest technology in medical imaging and image-guided therapy into cost-effective clinical practice. We actively maintain a leadership role in providing these services to the medical community and collaborate with other health care providers to continuously improve patient care. Our shared values include mutual respect, teamwork, superior service, professionalism and confidentiality.
Under general supervision, the MRI Technologist will perform MRI exams and procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site radiologist. Additional responsibilities include providing procedure-related patient care and education, maintaining records and documentation of procedures, and enforcing magnetic field safety for MRI patients, operators, staff and visitors. This position will require someone who can work effectively independently, as well as part of a team.
- Perform MR imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site radiologist.
- Complete and sign patient screening forms and appropriately explain procedures to the patient.
- Obtain necessary consent from patients before conducting procedures.
- Maintain patient care, comfort and safety during exams.
- Under the guidance and approval of site radiologist, administers contrast agents according to site specific needs.
- Ensure images and documentation are put into PACS in a timely manner.
- Communicate with front desk staff any changes that may alter patient schedule flow.
- Provide optimal customer service and patient care, while utilizing AIDET service principles in all encounters.
- Perform equipment quality checks and troubleshoot problems; call for service and notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Enforce magnetic field safety for MRI patients, operators, staff and visitors.
- Maintain equipment service manual, delivery schedule and all related statistics.
- Maintain and clean all equipment in accordance with required decontamination procedures.
- May perform work in other imaging modalities as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in all department, team and/or committee meetings.
- Comply with all company, department and location specific policies, procedures and mandatory learning requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by radiologist and management.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a certified radiology technologist program required.
- Current Washington State Radiologic Technologist certification required.
- Current ARRT certification, with advanced certification in MRI required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider BLS required.
- Minimum 2-year MRI clinical experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of current MRI scanning procedures.
- Working knowledge of current MRI protocols.
- Proficient in: PACS; Microsoft Office Suite applications; Accessing and navigating company intranet for forms, policies and procedures; Accessing and entering data on organization-wide software; And accessing and using internet resources when required in order to perform job duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate findings to reading radiologist and interact in a positive and professional manner with patients and their family members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with physicians, co-workers, patients and their families.
- Ability to maintain patience and tact when interacting with hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, visitors, etc.
- Ability to coordinate work schedule with requirements of position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Per diem
Pay: $1,524.55 - $2,885.14 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellingham, WA 98229: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- AHA Certification (Required)
- ARRT Certification (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.