Full Time - Regular
Roseburg, OR, US
Requisition ID: 1654
Umpqua Health is a Coordinated Care Organization (CCO) in Roseburg, Oregon that serves over 30,000 OHP members within Douglas County, offering benefits, programs and outreach for those in need. Currently we are seeking a Compliance Investigator to join our team.
The technical writer will review, edit and analyze technical documents, such as reports, narrative, and deliverables. This position requires knowledge of Oregon Health Authority reporting specifications and due dates and requires grant writing / technical writing skills. The position reviews and edits reports based on the reporting requirements. The position extracts, evaluates, and analyzes contractual data for use in compliance with reporting to the OHA. The position is responsible for providing technical guidance to leadership around contracting and procurement reporting. The position will adhere to the decisions made regarding solicitations, procurement rules and regulations, and contractual obligations of the state. This position has specialized expertise with OHA deliverables language.
- Full Time position in Roseburg, OR.
- Generous benefit package including; PTO, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401k with a company match, gym membership reimbursement and more.
- $61,000-$82,000 Annual Salary DOE.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and edits technical documents including reports, documentation, member stories, OHA contractual requirements, and reference materials, for correct style usage of style guide and alignment with health policy.
- Meets with subject matter experts to learn about specific processes, programs, projects, etc.
- Researches OHA Contractual Requirements to fully understand the requirements, processes, programs, needed to fulfill the requirement.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Creates or works with graphic designers, as needed, to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gathers feedback from members, patients, designers, and subject matter experts, database research to improve documentation, narrative, and reports.
- Responsible for coordinating, conducting and/or responding to research requests from regulatory agencies.
- Consult with internal and external regulatory, information sources and resources, and technical documents, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing technical documentation deliverables are applied.
- Provide risk analysis and work to ensure proper results are documented, as necessary.
- Make recommendations to management to ensure that appropriate levels of compliance are maintained.
- Assist in promoting awareness of program or timeline changes.
- Effectively collaborate with internal program leaders, senior management, and cross-functional managers/directors to develop program monitoring and assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement.
- Recommend program and process changes as appropriate.
- Independently identify opportunities, gaps and process improvements, including monitoring customer and stakeholder requirements.
- Keeps the Compliance Officer informed about any issues which may present compliance-related risk to the organization.
- Works with departments and Compliance to redact reports, as necessary, to protect trade secrets, PHI, or other legal interests
- Demonstrate problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Support the organization's quality objectives by demonstrating flexibility, being proactive, displaying positive team behavior, and willingness to accept responsibilities in a changing environment.
- Perform under minimal supervision with accountability for specific goals/objectives.
- Comply with organization’s internal policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, along with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Business Administration, Health Science, Health Services Administration, or other healthcare or business-related field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, or related discipline required, or extensive experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a managed care environment (including Medicare, Medicaid and other State governed plans)
- Ability to write with a health policy lens
- Must have excellent technical writing skills; experience as a grant writer may be helpful in writing to stated objectives/requirements
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to information protection to develop and implement appropriate processes to keep the Company in compliance.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements and implement appropriate processes to keep the Company in compliance.
- Must have strong analytical, influencing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend both written and spoken English.
For more information or to apply visit our website at www.umpquahealthcareers.com