Speech Pathology Specialist
Job ID 23773 Type Regular Full-Time Location US-WA-Seattle
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world’s leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world’s deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
Under the general direction of the Rehabilitation Therapies Manager, the Speech Pathology Specialist is responsible for providing speech language pathology services to Fred Hutch patients with communication and swallowing disorders. Besides clinical duties, the Speech Pathology Specialist is responsible for maintaining thorough documentation of services to patients and also serves as a clinical resource to all Fred Hutch departments and clinicians. Facilitates referrals to internal and community resources as appropriate.
- Evaluating, planning, directing, and administering treatment to Fred Hutch patients with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Maintaining patient documentation, including writing initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, home programs, and insurance authorization requirements.
- Evaluating treatment goals and progress towards these goals.
- Provide home programs and other educational information to patient and family/caregivers.
- Collaborates with other disciplines as appropriate to coordinate continuity of patient care.
- Make recommendations for equipment and product ordering associated with service and appropriate labeling, storage, and organization of equipment and products.
- Coordinates and provides leadership within practice of speech language pathology.
- Serves as a clinical resource for all Fred Hutch departments and clinicians on clinical area of expertise.
- Participates in operational aspects, performance improvement, and quality improvement activities for the program.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with physicians and speech language pathologists across sites to provide best quality care for patients along their continuum of care.
- Completing other duties as assigned by Rehabilitation Therapies Manager to meet the mission of the program, which may include educational lectures, student instruction, networking to other clinical services, volunteer supervision, process improvement activities, and/or quality improvement projects.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Certification in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) issued by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)within 30 days of hire.
- WA State DOH License in Speech Language Pathology
- At least 3 years of relevant clinical speech language pathology experience
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with Fred Hutch's Mission and Values
- Follows organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Displays excellent customer service and relations skills
- Communicates concisely and effectively, both orally and written, with co-workers, physicians, patients, and caregivers
- Ability to promote and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, attention to detail, and work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing and stressful situations including balancing the need for quality of work with the need to respond to workload
- Ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems and participating in making improvements for the purpose of improving quality of care and services
- Ability to be proactive, use strategic thinking and sound judgment to accomplish tasks
- Accepts responsibility for all aspects of the position
- Demonstrates ability to work independently to perform job duties and refers appropriate questions and/or decisions to their supervisor
- Works well with team members toward a common purpose; reinforces the efforts and goals of the work group; and supports the team's decision regardless of individual viewpoint
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule and assignments in order to meet the needs of the program
- Improves productivity through proper time management
- Seeks feedback from customers and team members in order to identify and improve processes and outcomes
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple demands with a high work volume
- Ability to accept change readily and modify behavior when needed, including meeting confrontation or criticism without reacting on a personal level
- Expands job-related knowledge and skills to improve performance
- Ability to accurately and consistently evaluate and interpret diagnostic tests
- Ability to assess patient condition when appropriate and request assistance when necessary
- Maintains clinical documentation accurately and manages scheduling needs
- Maintains and utilizes supplies in a cost effective manner
- Establishes and adjusts priorities based on patient acuity and changing clinical situations
- Recognizes emergency situations, initiates code procedures, and administers first aid as needed
- Practices appropriate infection prevention procedures to prevent cross-contamination to patients, caregivers, and staff
- Lymphedema training and/or experience
- Proficiency in performing and interpreting video-fluoroscopic swallow studies and flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing.
- Experience working with laryngectomy population preferred
- Assists in the training and orientation of department and other employees, students, and volunteers
- Demonstrates ability to provide speech pathology focused educational lectures to various audiences
- Experience/training in providing speech language pathology services to an oncology specific population
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to SCCA facilities.
Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.