Organization: Cleveland Clinic
Category: Nurse Educator
Location: Cleveland, OH
Date Job Posted: January 17, 2023
Share with Others:
In conjunction with the Manager, Professional Development, plans, implements and evaluates departmental orientation and education activities for clinical and support staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certification in perioperative nursing such as Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR), Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN), etc. preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Two years of perioperative experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical specialty; with current patient care competence.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, motivational strategies, change theory, group process skills, leadership and teaching strategies.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing clinical systems (Epic/Optime) and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).