The Tanana Chiefs Conference provides world class health services to Alaska Natives and American Indians, as well as many non-beneficiaries, in 42 villages across the river systems of the Interior. This 235,000 square mile region is the home of the Tanana Chiefs Conference and is a paradise for those who love outdoor activities. If you are looking for a challenge and want to have a positive impact on the health and wellness of Alaska Natives and American Indians then this is the position for you. The Tanana Chiefs Conference provides a wide array of services in multiple facilities with our main location being the Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center--an award winning cultural super clinic located in Fairbanks--Interior Alaska's urban hub. The Fairbanks based clinic is itself a hub that serves the larger mission of supporting health and wellness to Indian Health Service beneficiaries including an Ambulatory Surgery Center, Ophthalmology, Audiology, Urgent Care, Hematology/Oncology Services, Dental Clinic, Imaging and a host of other services.
Job Summary: The Upper Tanana Health Center Physician Assistant is a member of the healthcare team who works in collaboration with other staff to provide comprehensive healthcare services to patients. The scope of practice of each Physician Assistant is defined through the credentialing and privileging processes overseen by the Tanana Chiefs Conference Medical Executive Committee. The role of the Upper Tanana Health Center Physician Assistant is to assess, maintain, and improve the individual and collective health status of individuals in the Upper Tanana Region.
Adhere to the TCC Ch'eghwtsen' model of service and guiding principle which requires providing timely and effective service along with the ability to interact with others in a way that inspires trust and demonstrates respect, compassion and empathy.
Representative Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Rural Medical Director, job incumbent:
- Systematically assesses patients' health status, arrives at appropriate diagnoses, and implements care plan for effective clinical outcomes.
- Considers thorough range of treatment/preventive options and arrives at a recommended course of action that is age appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic, and attainable
- Appropriately manages patient care and health status following initiation of treatment/preventive plan, and monitors and adjusts as warranted.
- Seeks consultation by providing adequate information to consulting physicians. Communicates requests effectively, or responds to such requests from the referral source in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Documents according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner.
- Performs the appropriate medical procedures within the scope of TCC Health Services as defined by the credentialing and privileging processes overseen by TCC's Medical Executive Committee.
- Delegates direct and indirect patient care activities to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in collaborative care with other providers including Physicians, other Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, as well as RN's, Medical Assistants and Allied Health providers and staff.
- Responds appropriately to emergent situations.
- Maintains and improves skill level through participation in relevant continuing medical education.
- Actively participates in clinical quality improvement initiatives.
- Reviews and follows up on complaints and concerns about medical care.
- Takes actions to ensure continuity of care for patients such as providing appropriate follow up after hospitalization, emergency room, and/or specialty care visits.
- Provides services to support the rural health care needs of the region served to include periodic village trips as determined by role, use of telehealth when appropriate, and full support of community health aides.
- Provides services in other health care facilities as indicated by role as defined by the credentialing and privileging processes of the specific health care facility.
- Demonstrates commitment to customers served.
- Communicates effectively with patients and family so that they understand their diagnosis, treatment plans, and need for follow-up care.
- Educates and encourages patients to become active participants in their own healthcare-related behavior and provides patient education materials for use in encouraging wellness.
- Reviews and follows up on complaints and concerns about medical care.
- Is aware of different customer needs/desires and takes action to address.
- Helps improve processes to meet customer needs.
- Suggests and acts on ideas to improve overall customer service.
- Respects confidentiality and shares information with only those who need to know.
- Contributes to effective and efficient practice management practices that support patient access to medical care and appropriate use of available resources.
- Participates in access planning for the medical team, ensuring appropriate amount of same-day patient access and availability for timely follow up with patients.
- Meets number of direct patient care hours as outlined in the employment agreement.
- Works to achieve targeted goals for patient care numbers.
- Fulfills commitments for on call assignments with clear communication and follow through on work initiated during call.
- Supports appropriate billing for professional services through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of TCC's Health Services billing policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all relevant policies, procedures, and practice guidelines.
- Assists with the preparation for regulatory surveys.
- Ronds to telephone calls in a timely fashion.
- Appropriately prescribes and orders ancillary services.
- Utilizes referral sources appropriately.
- Provides leadership for practice and community served
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and support staff, enhancing quality of care.
- Contributes to the training, orientation, and evaluation of clinical support staff.
- Regularly attends and actively participates in clinic staff meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Participates in appropriate medical staff and clinic committee structure.
- Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote TCC Health Services and Upper Tanana Health Center.
- Treats other employees with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Meets organizational expectations.
- Completes all initial and annual required learning relevant to the role.
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Contributes to a safe working environment
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Meet applicable licensure, credentialing, and privileging standards for physician assistant role.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience as a Physician Assistant.
- Due to differences in scope of care, practice, or service across settings, the specific experience required for this position may vary.
- Must pass background check pursuant to federal Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical demands: Work is primarily at Upper Tanana Health Center, and periodic travel to village clinics. Provider may be subject to harsh environmental conditions while traveling. Conditions include but are not limited to the following: travel by small, unpressurized aircraft, lack of running water, poor heat, and extreme weather conditions. Job incumbent must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in support of patient equipment, and supplies. Position requires recurring bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, and reaching.
Summation: Work is performed in a clinic responsible for treating patients with a wide variety of medical problems including patients with communicable disease. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Apply online at: https://www.tananachiefs.org/careers/
or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org