INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do - from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
OUTPATIENT SERVICES MANAGER II
The Outpatient Services Manager II reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for overseeing one or more clinics, which will provide both primary and specialty care, performing the full range of management duties under administrative direction.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervise and direct the work of professional and paraprofessional staff to achieve optimum patient flow and cycle times appropriate for services; interview and select new employees; assure orientation and training for all new employees; monitor staff productivity; schedule work; coordinate reporting of payroll; establish standards and evaluate performance; implement employee disciplinary process as necessary; assure employee competencies and long-term development through regular performance audits and development plans.
- Ensure quality program management through compliance with federal state and local regulations concerning health care, such as Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations and The Joint Commission (TJC) guidelines; identification of opportunities to improve quality of care; and assessment and improvement of key processes that directly impact patient services.
- Manage clinic facilities and environment, assuring via other support services, that the facility is maintained in a safe and clean manner and presents a professional environment at all times and that clinic workstations and patient workflow are organized to assure optimal efficiencies.
- Provide for fiscal program management, including assisting in implementing and managing grant funded programs, budgets or projects; providing input in the preparation of the annual budget for the clinics; ensuring compliance with Office of Inspector General (OIG) regulatory standards; maintaining data using clinic or hospital computer software, such as Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) and financial services programs; identifying opportunities to improve financial systems and services for individual clinic units; providing fiscal program and provider productivity reports; understanding ICD-9 and CPT codes for coding; responsible for accuracy for charge capture for all clinic services; understanding all billing aspects from Medi-Cal, Medicare and all commercial insurance requirements; working with third party billing agencies as applicable to maintain the highest level of revenues and receivables; assuring that systems support seamless interface with acute and diagnostic services as patients move through Health Department or NMC services and systems of care.
- Provide excellent customer services, assuring that customer service standards are consistently met or exceeded; conducting on-going patient and provider satisfaction surveys to measure and report performance; providing results to staff; identifying opportunities to improve services and take corrective actions accordingly; maintaining data and providing reports; responding promptly to resolve any patient complaints.
- Develop, recommend, implement and interpret new or revised policies, standards and procedures; monitor policies and procedures for compliance with Title 22 regulations and The Joint Commission standards.
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration or other related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in the Finance Department and/or Operations/Support Division of an acute care hospital.
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of outpatient service delivery systems of care
- Principles and methods of management organization, budgeting and staffing applicable to health care programs
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations such as Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations and The Joint Commission guidelines, as they may apply to an outpatient clinic; safety and infection control practices and licensing requirements
- Principles and practices of revenue cycle including authorizations, coding, billing and collections
For application materials, apply to: Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. #300, Salinas, CA 93906, or apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/3770144/outpatient-service-manager-ii?page=4&pagetype=transferJobs or visit http://www.natividad.com.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V