Nursing Manager - Emergency Services
Salary Range $48.26 - $83.66
Located in the heart of Washington, we enjoy open skies, snow-capped mountains, and the lakes and rivers of the high desert. We are the proud home of orchards, farms, and small communities. Confluence Health actively supports the communities we serve and their quality of life through our community support program and through our individual efforts as involved community members.
Employees of Confluence Health receive a wide range of benefits in addition to compensation.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts & Health Saving Accounts
- CH Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Gym Membership Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Shift Differential
For more information on our Benefits & Perks, click here!
This position oversees the Emergency Departments and Walk in Clinic at our two Wenatchee locations.
Under the direction of and in collaboration with Department Director, this position is accountable for promoting high quality patient care through efficient and effective management of a defined area. Will assume twenty-four (24) hour responsibility for department operations; planning, organizing and directing unit activity. Will ensure adequate staffing in a fiscally responsible manner.
Position Reports To: Department Director
- Promotes a professional, team-based environment throughout department and with all other departments within Confluence Health. Serves as a consultant, mentor and role model to staff.
- Collaborates with Charge Nurses and staff on all shifts to ensure delivery of high-quality patient care.
- Collaborates with physician staff on patient care and operational issues. Provides support to physician staff to enhance quality of patient care.
- Performs Leadership round within the unit to evaluate care provided and patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for patient and environmental safety and ensures correction, if necessary.
- Proactively identifies staffing levels according to defined position specifications to ensure appropriate staffing effectiveness and established standards. Ensures department schedule is completed per contract guidelines and meets core staffing needs.
- Establishes and monitors service and performance standards for departmental functions. Designs, directs and implements actions to continuously improve quality.
- Participates/implements improvement projects focused on achievement of annual goals and CHVS initiatives, ensure implementation of and adherence to improvement changes.
- Participates in patient and employee satisfaction monitoring and improvement processes.
- Ensures payroll is complete and accurate. Assists the Department Director in development and monitoring of operating and capital budget and assists with variance analysis if applicable. Will act as an active member of the management team to support the patient care delivery model, standards of nursing practice, legal regulations, and hospital policies.
- In collaboration with Director, develops and implements unit goals that support the hospital's strategic goals, programs, policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of service and recognized Nursing Standards of Practice.
- Assists Department Director in ensuring all accreditation standards are met on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision and performance evaluation of licensed and unlicensed staff in collaboration with Department Director.
- Assists Department Director with on-going counseling and progressive discipline ensuring compliance with hospital policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Completes CHVS training within designated time after hire and utilizes to lead unit improvements.
- Adheres to Confluence Health and Central Washington Hospital/Wenatchee Valley Hospital policies and unit standards as applicable.
- Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is an essential requirement of working at Confluence Health. Religious and medical exemptions will be considered upon request.
- A Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN with 4 years recent/relevant experience or bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field and 4 years recent/relevant management experience or earns BSN within two years of hire.
- Active or Interim Washington State Registered Nurse License, required by start date.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.
Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking – C
- Sitting/Standing – C
- Reaching: Shoulder height – F
- Reaching: Above shoulder height – F
- Reaching: Below shoulder height – F
- Climbing – O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less – O
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less – F
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less – F
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds – O
- Crawling/Kneeling – O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching – F
- Twisting/Turning – F
- Repetitive Movement – F
- Work is completed in many locations such as patient care areas, offices and meeting rooms. There is travel between campuses.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Hourly/Salary: Salary
Physical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights – No
- Heat – No
- Cold – No
- Mechanical Hazards – Yes
- Hazardous Substances – Yes
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential – Yes
- Lighting – Yes
- Noise – Yes
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation – No
- Infectious Diseases – Yes