Medical Assistant, Certified-$5,000 sign-on bonus
Mason Clinic · PriCare
Department: MASON CLINIC-PRIMARY CARE
Req # 3801
Certified Medical Assistant - Mason Clinic-Primary Care is seeking a 1.0 FTE(full-time) MA-C working 10/hour days shifts, variable days of the week.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus. *conditions apply
Non-exempt, pay range $22.36-$32.18
Mason Health provides an excellent benefit package to Part-time and Full-time employees, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement/ Deferred Compensation plans
Mason Health will make employer contributions of 8% of your compensation for each pay period that you contribute at least 5% of your compensation.
- Paid Time Off, accrue up to 8 hours of PTO per bi-weekly pay period
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health & Wellness resources
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Optional or elective benefits include:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short & Long term disability insurance
The Medical Assistant serves as an integral member of the clinic team; efficiently performs back office duties including effectively monitoring and managing the flow of patients, greeting and rooming patients, documenting patient histories, preparing exam rooms, and assisting with examinations and procedures. Works in close partnership with and under the direction of a physician/provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and manages the flow of patients to maximize physician’s time, reduce delays, and facilitate a positive patient experience.
- Takes initial patient history, accurately documents vital signs and complaints in the patient’s medical record.
- Prepares the patient and room for examination or procedure by the physician.
- Assists the physician with examinations and procedures. Performs phlebotomy and necessary laboratory testing; or prepares specimens and orders outside laboratory testing. Performs radiological exams and EKG procedures, as ordered by the physician.
- Cleans patient room after visit and after procedure. Scrubs, rinses, and places used instruments in disinfectant tray after each patient. Properly autoclaves instruments, or prepares them to be autoclaved at the hospital.
- Calls or faxes in prescriptions and handles physician’s call back on patient test results as directed.
- Monitors and maintains equipment in good working order. Maintains medical stock, to include obtaining purchase order numbers; and maintains drug and medical supply inventory.
- Completes all tasks and documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
*Essential Job Function
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, all employees are expected to support the Mason Health mission, vision and values; comply with District policies and procedures; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner at all times. Employees are expected to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
- One year of experience working in a physician’s office, preferred.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
- State of Washington Medical Assistant Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Additional requirements for Medical Assistant-Certified position
- Current medical assistant national certification through one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Health Career Association (NHA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)